Should I Start LST for my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by almostgrower, Mar 1, 2015.

1. My Baby is officially 1 month today && I just got her stem healthy & strong, it was weak due to me stretching her when she was first planted. I have a total of 4 CFL lights on her but she has alot of new growth on the inside under all the top leaves. Wat do yu guts think should I start LSTing her???

Attached Files:

2. Sure thing, I start earlier than you and have great results.

Keep them CFLs 2-3inchs from plant tops to stop that ugly stretching.

Chef.

3. You should also transplant to a bigger pot as well if you're at the 1 month mark, you don't want to become root bound

4. Don't think she will be rootbound just yet but your right it's something to keep an eye out for

Chef.

5. Ok I'll transplant later on today I wanted to get some different soil fix that's why I was waiting Wat would yu say I should use I live in Ohio && have limited resources, I'm using Organic Jiffy Soil for Seed Starting Right now wit FloraGro Nutes

Attached Files:

6. There's grow shops, gardening centers and farm supply shops in Ohio too. Look around and see what's available. All the suggestions in the world won't help if you can't get it or won't pay shipping prices.

7. You need to add some perlite to aerate your soil. More is ALWAYS better than less.

Yes, heres a good lst diagram
    [​IMG]

Rather than grow around the pot, grow under the base like this. Gravity tricks hormones and grows monster colas on every top!
    Here's an example of my technique....
    [​IMG]
    ~ poke

8. Look up fox farms ocean forests it's about 20$ a bag at my local shop and it's pretty good stuff

9. Ok so I've topped my plant should I wait to start LST now or will she keep growing any way..

Attached Files:

10. I'd restrict the amount of stress at any given time. You've topped it now maybe let it rest. It'll tell you what's best by how it looks. Get the lights as close as possible without signs of heat stress. And remember that they enjoy drying out between watering. Good luck with your grow. :)

11. Id let her recover a day or so then start tying her down a bit at a time. Youll notice lower foliage changing dramatically right away

[​IMG]

12. In the black diagram, what do the numbers represent? Sorry, noob q!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The amount of nodes around the plant I believe...

14. So The e'er LST & FIM. I Did on my plant see to be going good Wat do Yu think I circled where the new nodes are coming in from the fim .. Also it's been 3 days I think since I started my LST

Attached Files:

15. Also do Yu think this light will be enough to flower both my plants

Attached Files:

16. Spectacular job!

Yes, the 150 will do it, but theyll be very small. Try to go at least 250w hps if you want to have something nice and smokeable to be proud of. Otherwise youll end up with some pretty airy colas imo.

With LST you can double or triple your yield under much less light than other methods, due to the even canopy.

Keep up the good work. And If I was you id start a grow journal in indoor growing. That way you can always have a journal to track your progress, get help and look back on with pride and joy in a couple years when you're an LST and growing master!
    ~ poke

17. I was planning on using that light plus a couple cfls wit in a 3•2•5 cabinet the inside is painted white. Yu think that would be enough light..

18. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. sure :)