Should i start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mattylo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. #1 mattylo, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    whats up everyone new guy here...this is my first grow ever im real eager and excited to (fingers crossed) successfully grow!! I have done a lot of reading on here and other sites for YEARSS I just never had the time to put into it until now. Ive been burning for 6 years and reading about growing for probably 2 years but I am still open to discussion and other peoples thoughts. One of my questions is I was wondering if its to early to flower? not looking for gigantor plants just little 1-2 footers for personal use...below is the best shots I could get. these guys are about 4-5 weeks from germ

photo.PNG photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

Hope to get lots of replies!

2. sure if you want them to stay small then go for it!

3. I wouldn't yet, I would give it another week or two at least.

4.  yeah I was thinking another week...I was going to today but I still don't see pistils or anything just more leafs

5. I suggest you pinch the top out, and give them another week or two.  They'll stay small, but a little extra growth will be worth it.

6. I was going to! I have on my other one that's 3 days behind this gal didn't know if it mattered so I left her alone fig I wait and see lol

7. #7 mattylo, Sep 13, 2013
    any other thoughts? comments etc

8. One Last bump...unless I make this into a journal!

9. #9 QuadSportz06, Sep 13, 2013
    Why does all these cats waste their time and resources and possibly getting nabbed for a fuckin twig? I veg for at least 90 days. In TN each plant carries its own felony.if I go down I'm going with my 5 footers and a fat sack of dope.If you wanna run with the big dogs, keep on readin kidSent from my LGL86C

10. well ...kid.... where I'm from its legal I've just never had time to grow, incase you haven't read my post....however based off your grammar you probably can't read that well either....so listen BIG DOG if you want to be dumb and get "nabbed" for a felony be my guest this is a first time grow experiment not a full grow operation....go back to school

11. If you are a heavy smoker then a plant flowered at that size will not be enough for you. Might as well get practice using patients because these plants are on their time so nothing can be rushed.

I started in micro grows and I still grow small plants for the fun of it

12. #12 QuadSportz06, Sep 13, 2013
    :)If u took the time you say you did to read about growing then you'd know how to answer your own question. Sent from my LGL86C

Reading and doing are far different... reading and saying I know as opposed to be experienced and saying I know is a major difference hence why I've posted to get other EXPERIENCED suggestions thoughts comments...and if you went to school, you could read properly would of realized this and would not have said a dumb comment like your first one.

14. #14 mattylo, Sep 13, 2013

True, I didn't really take that into consideration however I will now! I just figured two plants bout 2ft tall would yield enough for me lol

15. That is true so I liked your post. On another note I dont see why you couldnt have answered the question because when I first started growing those types of answers are meaningless . Post like that one just waste time like the spam that nobody wants to read in order to get to the useful information they want.

16. #16 jaysonjaysonjays, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    hes kinda right. even if ur growing medical u are allowed to have a lot more then that. and you could probably get way more weed with that same light if you just gave it more time to veg. imo its wouldnt even be cost effective to grow if your just gonna grow 2 little ass plants like that. you arent even gonna cover the cost of the seeds you bought.

And what is with you talking so much shit about peoples grammar? We are on a weed forum, nobody gives a fuck. We aren't getting graded on this. And based on your grammar you are FAR from done with school. And if you are actually 18 then the public school system has failed you...miserably. 

oh and btw one of the best farmers i know isnt exactly a genius. growing weed doesnt involve that much booksmarts. just a basic understanding of whichever language you choose to read in and some experience. so even you should be able to get it down if you go READ instead of just posting questions on fourms. jus sayin.

17. No wait 2 more weeks

18. Sent from my LGL86C

Attached Files:

19. I have a plant that was put outside when the top accidently broke off. As you can see it will probably only be a few grams. I will probaly re veg it because I dont have a cut and it is a purple but I thought this image might help you see what happens when you flower a small plant.
    1379461777799.jpg