Should I start flowering now or should I wait?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FlaccidGrowth, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Hi!
    First time posting, first time growing :)
    I am growing 2 plants of the blueberry strain under a SCROG (screen of green) in a 1x0.5m room. I am currently using two out of three 300W dual spectrum CFL:s (one is not lit for reasons regarding heat). I was wondering if the plants in the linked pictures will fill out the rest of the screen and produce a good yield if I were to start flowering now or perhaps within two weeks. IMG_20170821_183356.jpg
    Any input would be appreciated as well as tips for producing the greatest amount of dried product as possible.
    Feel free to ask for any additional information you might need about my grow.
    Thanks.

2. From what I've seen, people want to get the whole screen filled in before flipping to flower schedule. This will give you a higher yield.

3. Ive seen people use as many as 3 scrogs stacked. The best thing about veg is you can do it as long as you want. The plant fills in a lot more once you flower, more so then it ever would in veg. Your plants will only produce as much nug proportional to light...so with your two lights it doesnt matter how big it gets, you should either get less BIGGER buds or more Smaller buds. If that makes sense....you can look it up and check out available light (wattage/lumens/etc.) Vs. Plant growth.

This guy is kind of a joke but watch this...

4. A big thank you to all who replied. I did not expect such a fast response :)
    I think I have decided to keep them vegging for another week or two in order to fill the screens some more, and then put them on 12/12, perhaps increasing the air flow and adding the third light while still being careful of "bud-bleaching".

Again, thank you :)

5. Im on my first grow, week 4 flower. Ive trained my plant to stay super short with tiny node spacing....stands roughly 18 inches tall. With that being said i dont think i have to worry about bleaching, but FYI i have a 1000W led equivalent in a 2'x4'x5' and i havent had any bleaching thus far. The light is 4 inches from the top of the tent and there is roughly 2 feet of space between my canopy and light.

Hope maybe this will help your worries.

And i hope someone will correct me if im wrong but you shouldnt need more air flow...just make sure to keep relative humidity and temp in the sweet spot. I use an exhale 360 CO2 bag...i wouldnt want MORE air flow taking all my precious CO2 away before it even hits the plants.