Should I start flowering? 45 days in veg

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WeedBros, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Im doing a LST.. I want the plant to make the full circle...
    Should I induce the plant to flowering? WIll it stretch?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yea make the circle

it can be induced using hormones

had a plant i hit a bit hard with yarrow tea, it pulled thru

3. SO, i keep vegging until I make the full circle, then switch to flower?

And by inducing floration, i mean by changing light schedules from 18/6 to 12/12...

4. [​IMG]

the one on the left burnt a bit when I hit it with the tea (Nl pheno of the strain. from seed)

yes, switching to 12/12 before the plant is mature will result in a "growth lag"

5. So, I have to wait I guess... 60 days veg is it too much?
    60 veg and 45 flower?

6. your soil looks too wet

7. Thats because I just added some ferts, and nutes.

Blood meal, guano and rabbit poo, and some compost from worm carcasses....
    I had to supplement to the top of the soil, so it was kind of mushy until the water drained correctly...

They are all dry right now, I asume.

ANyway, no more water until next Sunday, so... :)

8. you can also do catch-and-release LST

may notice growth rate's increase

9. Interesting... any experience with that method? what does it consists of?

10. You tie em down then when the canopy is nice and even with multiple heads. Untie it. That's what I did with this one
    I waited till the seventh set of fans and pinched the top then let it grow a little and tied the main branch sideways. When all the lower branches were the same height as the top I untied it
    It works quite well. I say this plant in 24 hours light for twenty five days. Once she showed sex I flowered.

Attached Files:

11. oh my god. thats one plant how many times did you top? what did you do? i dont understand what you mean

12. Woah that looks extra nice!
    I will keep updating with pics, so, if you could give me some pointers it would be great!
    NIce plants! I wish my plants were so big and healthy looking!

13. That plant is skywalker kush and she took to topping really well she has 13 main colas and like ten are the size of my arm. Basicaly when the plant has seven sets of fan leafs you pinch the newest growth. When the lower branches catch up usually the lowest branch becomes the tallest you tie the plant gently down sideways and let the top become the lowest part. Then they really really get bushy. Once the plant has grown to about a foot and a half I release em. Then you have like ten tops. It's really amzing what it does. In my world wide journal I show videos of the entire process. You guys should check it out. I made like fifty videos. Heres another one I did the same to. Actually I did it to them all.

Attached Files:

14. Woahhhhhh
    Super nice.
    So, if I get this straight, you start topping/fimming, at the seventh leaf set.
    Then when the new tops emerge you tie those down.
    You let the plant keep getting bigger, and topping every now and then on the main top.
    When you have like 10 tops you take away all the hooks and let the plant go up?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GC Forum

15. I went and checked the videos from your grow journal and they say they have been removed by user

16. A little update: This is how thy are looking today.

Numb, any comments? They are 30 days old veg.
    I want to switch to floration in 3 weeks...

How can I know if they are going to have a good yield? Or you can't tell at this stage?

What I want, and it's my objetive, is to get 50 grams dry from each plant. Is it a lot? Is there a way to do this?

ForumRunner_20121204_081237.png

17. best thing to do on your first grow is to not have so much a goal, just do the best you ncan to keep it happy. go for an improvement on your second grow using what you learn. your doing good, just pretty hands on now. also go ask for the bible at your local hydro by jorge cervaties( i know i spelt that wrong, sry :( stoned late at night)

18. I'll try to get that book.
    Thanks.
    You know any way to predict yields?

19. Look up your strain on a seed website. Take into account anything they have would be best of best tests from the breeder.

20. BTW, I seemed to have lost the site. Does anyone have a link to the site that has all the MJ strains, and tells everything about them from flowering times to whether they like soil/hydro, and more? I can't seem to find the site.