Should I start doing LST on this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Paulnewtogrowing, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Hi all , a I have couple of questions on this plant, which I’ll be transplanting outdoors in mid May. I attempted a FIM last week and was wondering if I should do any limb bending on the resulting shoots or just let them go since it’s going outside - the other question is on pot size - I had read that a 2 gallon pot should be sufficient for 2-3 months of vegging with a 15:9 light schedule but I think this one might want a bigger container in the near future - any recommendations? - I do have a 10 gallon bag I can put her in if required.Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Yes start training and defoliating now. Or if you have a time machine go back about a week ago and start.

On the pot size, a 2 gallon plastic pot isn’t big enough for 2-3 months of veg. It will get root bound for sure. You may have a chance if you switch to fabric pots because they air prune the roots and don’t get root bound as quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That is one very compact plant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What exactly do you mean by defoliating ? Remove lowest Fan Leaves or remove fan leaves that interfere with new shoots or remove lowest branches or a combination of the them? Thanks

5. It’s a Mimosa EVO, I germinated in Mid February and put it into the 2 gallon container on 3/5 when it was still tiny. I wanted to see how large I can get it to grow outdoors and I do have enough vertical room for it to get about 6 ft where it is but I know it won’t come close to that before going outside.

6. Looks great congrats man

7. That plant isa little congested.

Look at these autos I’m growing....look how congested they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I defoliated whatever I needed to remove from the plant so there was better spacing between the main tops as well as no large fan leaves covering up lower branches trying to make their way up to the top of the canopy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ok - I understand, take off minimum leaves to allow the limited light source to get to the bud producing shoots. I’ll try to find some utube videos so I don’t screw it up but I think I should get into a new container and acclimated to it first. BTW it is a photoperiod. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Bend the top shoot over so it’s even with the others. It’ll let light in and give you a more even bush

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sorry man I got your thread confused with a chat I was having at the same time with another guy growing autos lol

11. Ok - Like this? It’s quite pliable still.

Attached Files:

12. This morning all but one branch were long enough to secure a bend in them - all of the tops have good access to light now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I usually start LST at about 14-18 days.

Mini Closet Cubby

But I've also grown outdoor plants that have good side branching that I don't do anything until they start to flower. Then I just pull the side branches out away from the main sterm to let in more light and air.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yea so do all three of those things. A week After I top my plants I usually remove all of the larger leaves (2in diameter) leaves that block light to lower nodes and branches that will do nothing but suck up the plants valuable energy. I'm usually left with a plant with nothing but baby leaves but it will fill out quick and be twice as bushy in a few weeks time