Should I start BIg Bloom

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skunkybudluver, Mar 17, 2010.

1. #1 skunkybudluver, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    It's about 5 days old. The FF chart shows starting Big Bloom week 1. I know from what I have read that you should wait a couple of weeks before using nutes. I have about a 60/40 mix of FFOF and Sunshine 8. My question is, should I start using Big Bloom? And if so how much? I just watered about a half hour ago so it's prob too late for me to use it now. Should have asked this before watering. It's in a solo cup so it's not taking much water at the moment. I just used a coffee cup of about 3/4 of ph balanced water and had run off with that. It seems kind of small for going on a week and looks like it could use some help. I would say it's about an inch tall. Course I think I may have had it a little too far from the light. I moved it closer to around 2 to 3 inches. It was about 4 inches away. Any input?

2. Hmm... I usually start my nutes when my plants are about a week and a half/two weeks old. As for big bloom, I think that you'd better start with grow big, as that is the fert that you use for veg. Big bloom is used when you get into flowering. It goes: Grow Big in vegging, then tiger bloom at the end of vegging/beginning of flowering and then big bloom during flowering.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

3. If your plant is small for one week old, it's not for a lack of nutrients...most likely it's a lack of light. I would not give nutrients for at least 3-4 weeks, especially since you're using FFOF which is loaded with nutrients already. Once your plant has outgrown the solo cup, transplant into a 3-5 gallon pot, wait another 3+ weeks, then start some nutrients. My plant is in a 7 gallon pot with a FFOF/perlite mix and didn't give any nutrients until she was over 5 weeks old. She's now almost 9 weeks since sprout and I've only given her 3 small very doses of nutrients (1/4-1/2 tsp/gallon). In fact, she even started giving me small signs of nute overdose. So, long story short, your plants don't need as much nutes as you might think, and if she's not growing well it's not because it's short on nutrients...

Hope that helps.

4. #4 skunkybudluver, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    The prob I have with that is I have limited space and I only want them to get to 3 to 4 ft tall. Which means I will not have long to veg before going into flowering. I only have one going at the moment. I was planning on vegging for only a week or 2, OR until around 1 1/2 ft to 2 ft tall. Since they pretty much double in size while flowering that's about all the taller I will be able to go while vegging. So I will need to start my nutes a little sooner. But I agree, right now is way to soon. I can understand waiting until transplanting. It's just I see where people start after 2 weeks.

Another thing. This is kind of off subject. I have it under 2 54w high output 6400K fluro's. Since I will be vegging till around 1 1/2 to 2 ft, should I just keep it under the fluro's and then move it under the HPS when ready to flower? Or should I move it under the HPS after a couple of weeks till it gets to the height I want before flowering? I was planning on moving it under the HPS anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks.

I am planning on doing the same thing with a couple I will be doing at the same time instead of just one.

And thank you guys for the advice.

5. You can start using Big Bloom from seedlings with absolutly no problem. Check the NPK value, it's 0.01-0.3-0.7 if you start using it from seedling/clone you can get head start on the smell and flavor.
    It's the grow big you want to hold out on for a couple of weeks.

6. Well I just watered a few hours ago so if anything I would need to wait until mext time. Which will put it into the second week. But it's not taking a gallon to water it so I wouldnt know how much to use anyway. Unless you just go ahead and give it a gallon considering there is going to be quite a considerable amount of run off. It's in a solo cup.

This is why I am going to use Rapid Rooter for all my seedlings from now on. I have used them before with excellent results. No need to worry about anything except keeping water in the tray. Easier to transplant into a pot as well.

7. You can make a gallons worth, just go buy a gallon of water at the store pour a little bit out put the nutes in there and shake it up before each use and only use what you need. That's what I do when I grow soil and they're not using a lot of water to begin with.