Should I smoke on 4/20?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SoCalToker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Probably the wrong forum to be asking this (lol), but should I smoke just for 4/20? I haven't smoked for 5 weeks now, and I feel great. I was extremely psychologically addicted to weed, not even opiates and benzos got me truly psychologically addicted, despite having moderately severe pain and minor anxiety.

Something about weed clicks for me, and it consumes me when I'm using it. It's either on (stoner) or off (break). There's no "occasional use" for me.

I can't function in a productive manner on it, so I usually get high and listen to music, watch movies, or browse the internet. I am seriously surprised at my discipline to stay away for so long. I still love smoking, and always will, but I'm not at a good point in my life success-wise (bad grades in college, despite being intelligent), not a lot of money to spend on weed, mildly anxious about my life, on probation (I can still smoke) due to cannabis extracts, etc.

I've been a bigtime stoner for 5 years now, smoking top grade 3-4 times a day, with hash and kief thrown in when I felt like it. I would never have planned a break, I just stopped smoking for a day to cram for a test, then I studied more the next day, then I just didn't smoke the third, since it gets easier as time goes on. Five days in, I'm thinking about it less and less, and before I know it, five weeks, wow.

My life has greatly improved in a short month, and I just don't want to screw it all up again by starting up my habit again. I seriously don't even have an urge to smoke this 4/20, but should I do it for shits and giggles? I know I'll love it like I always do, then the next day I'll be like, "fuck it I smoked yesterday," and so on and so forth. They say once an addict, always an addict, has anyone gone to occasional, weekly/monthly use after stopping heavy cannabis use?

I love life stoned, but I love life sober even more.

I was thinking about dropping acid again in mid-May, but I can't imagine it without cannabis, the two go together like Nutella and peanut butter, so I'm thinking that might be my 4/20...

2. Sounds like you are playing with fire.. Why smoke? It's just another day.. There is nothing special about the day itself.

3. Just take care of your shit- Mary Jane will always be there whenever you are ready for it. You sound remarkably similar to me: I must admit I am psychologically addicted, thought I feel more addicted to the whole lifestyle (music, friends, girls... the young life...). I just got on probation as well, for speeding, and I can probably smoke on probation though I'm not sure yet. Also mildly anxious about my life: I was planning on slowing down/ quitting once I started automotive class in August, although I'm worried that my driving record will affect my chances of working for BMW, which is my dream...

Anyways, 5 weeks is a great start, and if you have no urge then why talk yourself into it? Keep pushing hard in school and life; whenever you feel like your life is set to resume smoking, then go for it!

4. Simple answer. Yes.

5. Don't break your streak. 420 is just a day, you can smoke on any other day and it wont be any different. I'm currently on a t-break and it goes straight through 420, (hardest part, first 4 days) but you will feel much better about yourself If you don't smoke. Just wait like another month or so, get your priorities straight then get blasted to mars.

6. Give it up. You're hanging on to your past and your past wasn't getting you anywhere but single and alone in your mom's basement the rest of your life. You don't smoke weed anymore. That was the past, let it go.

Don't smoke on 4/20. I'm living off experience. I plan to take a break starting next week, but I might need to start once school is over. I like doing my work stoned and I get real good grades. The weed doesn't make me smarter or anything it's just part of the habit of being stoned when doing good schoolwork. If I stop now then it might distract me a bit from getting work done.

Good luck

7. There is nothing special about today. It's just a day that stoners everywhere were like "Dude, lets ALL smoke weed today." As if we didnt smoke weed erryday anyway.

8. For me it's a holiday, since I rarely smoke. That being said, I'm probably not smoking today. I wish I could, but it just might not be in the cards. I'll just have to celebrate it some other day.