Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should i smoke before i get a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nernie, Apr 13, 2009.

1. so i am going to get a tattoo in a few weeks and i already have 2 (and they did hurt so dont tell me it wont hurt. i know is does) but i am gunna get this one on my foot and ive heard its really painful. so if smoke first will it hurt less or is this a bad idea?
    thanks

2. Honestly dude, if you're anything like I am when I'm high, smoking is just gonna make you focus on the pain more. Trust me dude, I got a prison tat of two letters on my upper forearm while I was high, and I will NEVER do that again.

3. Yes, you can get high beforehand...I have 14 tats and have been high every time...I just wouldn't suggest drinking alcohol beforehand because it thins the blood and will make it bleed more...and the best thing to take your mind off the pain is to have a friend sit in there with you

4. As long as you aren't prone to freaking out under while you are high...

-C

5. what if you popped some percs or vicodin beforehand?

6. smoke or dont smoke, its gonna hurt either way :hello:

but definitely dont drink before :p

7. Hey dude you might be onto something:p

Theres no reason why it shouldn't work, at least not that I can see.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not a good idea. Smoking thins the blood and its not advised to smoke or drink alcohol before getting a tattoo or piercing.
    You are more likely to bleed.

9. I don't believe that's true at all. If you have any evidence I would definitely like to see it.

And yes, it is going to hurt no matter what so it doesn't really matter

10. Why a tatoo on your foot?

11. im gonna get a tat on my forehead that says, im high.

12. Fixed:p

13. thanks, i appreciate that:rolleyes:

14. Smoke afterwords, smoking before will make you concentrate at the pain at hand. Smoking afterwards will make you think it's awesome and it won't hurt.

15. honestly, i'd just grin and bear it. you obviously know the pain involved so why mask it? if the pain is too much, don't get a tattoo. seems pretty simple to me. weed is going to heighten all of your senses, including touch. this means your pain receptors will be much more acute. if you want to smoke, do it, but i wouldn't.

16. most places actually make you sign an agreement that you're not under the influence of anything so I suggest to wait until you're done :)

17. i smoked before my tattoo that I got last month and it defiantly made me focus more on the pain so I would say no to smoking before the session