Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should i smoke after oral Surgery?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sweet69, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Sup ents, Sooner or later i'm going to visit the orthodontist to pull down an stuck (scumbag) adult tooth, and obviously there going to prescribe me obviously some industrial pain killers with shit inside science itself doesn't even know, like i'm going to take that shit LOL. maybe i'd go herbal, but even though, don't know what might happen if i smoke the day after surgery, i don't want any oral infection or anything, maybe i should eat some edible Treets. If i put bud in a tea bag would i make some tea and get my high? thanks ents.

2. i smoked the day i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. keep your mouth clean. I bought some Colgate mouth rinse that promoted healing and killed bacteria. Just get this stuff even if you don't plan on smoking, cheers!

3. Aight, Thanks bro!

4. [quote name='"Sweet69"']Sup ents, Sooner or later i'm going to visit the orthodontist to pull down an stuck (scumbag) adult tooth, and obviously there going to prescribe me obviously some industrial pain killers with shit inside science itself doesn't even know, like i'm going to take that shit LOL. maybe i'd go herbal, but even though, don't know what might happen if i smoke the day after surgery, i don't want any oral infection or anything, maybe i should eat some edible Treets. If i put bud in a tea bag would i make some tea and get my high? thanks ents.[/quote]

The pain killers are pretty great tho lol

5. yeah dude, be careful what you say.
    I wouldn't smoke the first day and a half. That's just me though.
    If you do, make sure not to suck on the pipe. Use a bong or something that you can just breathe without any pressure goin' down in your mouth, knowwhaI'msayinggg?

6. Make an edible or get some. Why risk it when you don't really have to?

7. you will definitely want to take those pain killers because it hurts like hell. at least for me, because i hate mouth pain lol. if you dont want to do pain killers try a tylonal (acetominophen) and then a ibuprofen (NSAID) they both use different organs in the body to function so it wont strain your body and damage anything. as for the smoking part you can smoke just wait a few hours after the surgery, take small hits dont do anything that will make you cough like hell, or else its going to hurt a lot:wave:

8. Also the main thing to do is DO NOT SUCK HARD. yes yes that's what she said... but really thats the main thing that can harm your oral surgery is pressure created when ripping say a bong or a bowl hard.. soft smooth hits and you'll be in the clear!

9. Smoke a blunt with some schwag in it:D

10. I just had this done. The oral surgeon told me to wait 72 hours after the surgery before smoking. The doc should give you an instruction sheet or pamphlet which will tell you how long to wait.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!! If you don't, you could get a dry socket, which is a nasty painful infection that can even be dangerous. If you get one, you won't be smoking for a week because it will hurt so bad you cry.

Make some edibles in preparation for the surgery. Use those instead of smoking.