Should I replace my lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WhatThePho?, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Firstly, I'm brand new so ty to GC!

There is a SunShine systems 45w LED panel glowing down on a single plant
    The GlowPanel 45 LED Grow Light - led grow lights -Sunshine Systems
    I also have a 14w LED panel from some internet store ($39) glowing on the same plan from the right, and a household CFL on the left. This is a first attempt, it's a G-13 Labs White Widow Feminized in Soil about 1.5weeks old.

Would it be worth it to replace these with a 90w Illuminator UFO LED?
    LED Grow Lights from ProSource Worldwide - LED Grow Lights w/ 5-Band Tri-Spectrum design. Newest technology available.

Would the one plant benefit much from this?

Should I also keep the other lights on it if I do get the Illuminator?

2. for a 250w hps light it's about $150.... you'll get at least an extra ounce on the plant... so yea it's worth it

3. Why are you putting so much emphasis on led lighting? I could not recommend you spend anymore money on led lighting. For that kind of money you could get a 1000 watt hps and grow as many plants as you could ever want.

4. I got the sunshine for free from a friend, the only light I've bought so far was the 14w and I was using it on small cooking herbs. LED is important to me because of the low electricity use and especially the low heat.

5. cannabis loves light.... and lots of it... if you want low electricity usage and only plan on a few plants.... CFL's are the way to go... they produce enough light to flower and i've seen some killer buds with proper lighting... if you want a setup that'll be there with room to expand go ahead and get a 250-1000w hps and you'll be good for whatever... do note they'll eat into elec bills, but they'll grow plants quicker, fuller, and healthier...

all up to you, but 14w LED's won't flower a plant.... no way in hell

6. Yes, a 14w will flower a plant, just make sure you have the light close to the plant. I have seen plenty 14w LED grows man, they work, just not my thing. And yeah, gas lamps will always raise your yield because they put out a heavy spectrum, but I have seen many CFL grows that compete and refute that statement. Nothing wrong with adding in a few, cheap costing CFL's to help with some of the foliage on the side.

7. Brian, thanks for introducing yourself, and admire that you and your business are working to expand their success.

I would like to bring to topic, since you are presenting your product to us now, the electromagnetic spectrum of your offered LED lamps. Personally, I have experimented with UFO/LED technology, and have done some testing as far as the intensity dependent on range, intensity therein, and spectrum. In my thread, I offer a little more than "better than fake nikes" to describe lamps. So, if you wouldn't mind, can you tell us, me especially, what the electromagnetic spectrum is for some of your LED lamps, and the LUX, or rather the distance of the lamp to canopy to receive high spectrum lighting.

In example, gas discharge lamps can emit high amounts of valued spectrum lighting over further distances than, lets say, a 3' fluorescent light fixture would. Could your LED lamps provide enough lumens per square foot to flower and vegetate, and if so, what kind of setup would be ideal to the side of Grass City that is interested in growing with this LED technology?

Some more insight into LED would be very appreciated, but a sales pitch in this thread is not the source of its focus.

8. check out htg supply they have cheaper prices