Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I rent an apartment with my stoner friends?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by n00dles, Jul 11, 2013.

1. I'm moving out for school and I don't want to be smoking bud in school housing so I'm gonna try and get an apartment with some smoking buddies. do u think we fan afford it along with affording school and weed too? lol

2. Yes. Do it.

3. I say no. If something comes up with someone not paying rent ur fucked. Can any of i cover two peoples rent multiple times if that happens? What of ur friends name is on the paper and he wants u gone? Where would you go?

Not trying to be super negative im just trying to show you what the risks are. If u trust them to hold a jon and always have rent money then go for it

4. Sure, but you will fail school

5. #5 llllllllll, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    Have you ever lived in an apartment?  You do not live there unless you sign the lease.  If you dont have to sign a lease you are living in some ghetto ass places.

Anyhow maybe my short story will assit you @[member="n00dles"],

I recently lived in an apartment with my best friend whom ive known since the first fucking grade. All school year long was pretty good, but the more I lived with him, the more I realized he had absolutely 0 life experience. He wasn't paying dick for rent, his aunt was, cool whatever, his half is being paid who cares. Well that went on all year, just learning about how much of a moocher he was, dude has had 1 job his entire life and quit 3 months in.  Long story short I spent 3k on weed throughout the year and I had no problem with him smoking it because we were good friends and I am not trying to be stingy to my friends. Towards the end of the school year we get in a squabble over a puppy we bought and paying for vet bills. Told him I was short on cash and couldnt help pay to get the lil guy neutered, he starts saying all this junk about how he always takes him to the vet (3 times total just for checkups) and all this bullshit about how he always bought groceries (we split the price every week) so after the school year was over we moved out and I told him I have absolutely no interest in being friends with him again or talking to him.

So yeah, it took me that lesson to learn that my friend did not have my back, and was unable to help me out when I was in need (short on cash). Fuck him I will not be bamboozled into a friendship with him ever again. he still tries to contact me but that shit is for the birds

Think about it, I knew this guy since I was in first grade... 

Be very fucking careful who you rent apartments with, I was certain this was going to be a great experience in my life and it was anything but great by the end of the year.

6. I have a positive story for you

Was not getting a long with parents too well and my smoking was not enjoyable at home. trying to hard it and getting caught is just  no fun after a while. So I planned to move into people I knew smoke but I didn't really know them yet. Huge risk moving out with a part time job and little money. However ended up having the best summer ever.

7. #7 AuhMayZing, Jul 11, 2013
    No. if you move in with your friends you will just begin realizing how much they suck.

it's much more different than just hanging out.

8. Yep!
    I went with my friend to stay with his family in chicago for over a month last summer. Was a blast at first but u get tired of each other real quick and snap at each other over little things.

9. If you're not sure you can afford it, chances are one of you can't afford it. I've had friends as roommates for years before I bought my house. Some were awesome, some sucked. To live with someone, you have to completely respect each other. Make sure you have complementing personalities and traits. Good luck, it's kind of a toss up.

10. #10 corkybuchek, Jul 11, 2013
    if i may weight in on this matter--

it was only about a decade ago i was in college and had a friend in a similar situation as your. living in a dorm with 400 people, many of which were sport jocks, was not the best situation for her as she was dealing a few ounces per week and sustaining a smoking habit. Well this stinky business came to a peak after a few quarters One day when it had been many months of being drunk and stoned all the time and getting nearly straight A's in history and philosophy classes. She also met her college sweetheart during this time but that is a different story (and it didn't work out).  On this peculiar day, she felt an understanding of the napoleonic wars, the advent of the industrial era, and the blatant schemings of the jocks, RA's and resident directors, as the student life adminstration was located in the same building as the dorm.  

Well then, after packing her flagrant and stinking business (which she was rather prolific at, having several good customers a day, several seller's of varying qualities the worst would pull guns and fire them in her direction to get the best of the exchange, the best were just your ordinary joe stoner charging 300+/oz, it was very difficult to obtain medical buds... she even earned herself an article in the school paper, yes an article about it)) she made her flight (well just a walk i guess) from the dorm, taking up the basement of some upper class students she knew would not mind.  Sharing the basement with them is another story as well, and it was with many wild parties, beer pong, ultraviolet lights, CD towers, many spiders and grime and who knows what in those shadowed cranny's of that off campus basement where she lived for a few months. But on that day, sure as sherlock, the campus enforcement decended upon her room, ripping it apart in search for any evidence of her stinking fame.  To no avail. 

She packed the rest of her things later, piecing them together from the chaos they had made of her and her roomates things, but it was a good day to be free. She continued sustaining her habit for a while, eventually deciding to grow her own after watching an informecial for aerogardens and realizing the several hundred seeds separated out of her stashes over the years may come into use. And they certainly did...

11. There will always be one guy who doesn't do shit, heed my warning

12. Think about it hard before you commit. Living with people is much different than just smoking with them.  There's also the money aspect. Rent and utilities stack up.  It is really fun living with smoking buddies, but don't think that problems can't arise.

Speaking of life experience.. Sounds like you have a penchant for drama or overreact easily, maybe you're sensitive most college aged peeps are. Why'd I even read that.

:yummy:

14. Make sure everyone can afford rent, utilities and other bills like internet and cable if deciding to buy. 

Establish the chores for the house because there are things that need to be done for a happy household like clean dishes (entire kitchen actually), trash and recycling, overall cleanliness.

And gotta learn when and how to make compromises with your roomies. Learn to understand what happened, forgive anyway and move on, or else you will hold onto a grudge, which do not work while living with the ppl. Good luck w/ your "homies"

15. the only clear advantage that i see is you guys buying in bulk together would save you a hell of a lot of money on bud. 

16. Depends on how many of you there are and how much you're willing to spend on rent/bills/food, things of that nature. If you know the dudes well enough and respect eachother's personal space it should be fine. If it doesn't seem it's working you can always move back into the dorms second semester. You also have to be kind of strict with eachother. Don't let somebody constantly slide on paying bills on time, or doing their share of housework. Living together takes compromise, but if you can make it work it's one hell of an experience.

17. #17 llllllllll, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    You hardly have any idea of what the full story is.   Sounds like you have a penchant to judge people you have never met over the internet based on a minuscule portion of a story.

some universities require freshman to live on campus.
    some dont care where you live freshman year.
    check into it before signing any lease.

it was actually cheaper for me to live in an apartment.
    i save around $2000 a year by living off campus.

19. nah dude... your best homies will become your worst enemies

Not sure if you were trying to be witty or quaint but that was a pain to read.