Should I Quit Smoking Weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Shaggysbeltbuckle, Oct 25, 2015.

1. I'm not sure if I really want to keep smoking weed anymore. Maybe you guys could suggest some things that might help? I've been smoking weed for 4 years now. I started in 10th grade and of course, it was really fun (as it always is when you first start). I was a constant smoker for 3 years and my senior year of high school I deicded to take a break (I didn't do well in high school so I really needed to concentrate). I graduated high school and now I've started my freshman year of college. The past few months I have gotten back into it but it's not the same. I have always preferred to smoke alone (I'm not a very soical person and it makes me even more socially awkward when I smoke) but now I feel just so bored when I smoke. Before, I could pop in a movie, listen to music, read a book, go for a walk, and totally enjoy my high and be happy. Now, I just feel so bored. I just sit around and say "wow, that was kind of a waste" and get sleepy and tired. Of course if I didn't want to smoke weed any more I wouldnt but can any of you suggest a way to make it fun again? Maybe do it with people?

(I don't know if this makes a differnce but before when I was smoking a lot I was not medicated for ADD, which is something i have really bad. Now that I am medicated, could this affect the weed smoking? Thanks).

2. id ask a doctor about it not grasscity

3. hahah yeah I should about the ADD thing. My question to grasscity though was if you guys had any ideas on how I could make smoking more fun (i.e. doing it with people etc)…I don't think my doctor would like those questions!

4. i don't really think theirs much you can do..except maybe try to get some new strains and smoking in new environments. maybe try to have a better mind set about it too idk...

5. If you see it as a waste then stop..I'd so only continue if you truly enjoy it

6. If you want to change, then definitely stop smoking for awhile. If you don't like it maybe you can go back to smoking.

Also like someone else said, change smoking environments. Smoke and then go out exploring your town. Or if you can, go hiking and smoking. Find people to smoke with. Try different things with it. It is fun to smoke and go do things.

Good luck

7. I once stopped smoking weed for an entire year.

I seemed to get more accomplished when i wasnt smoking.

But i felt less creative and in a way, less happy.

I don't know, i feel like weed makes me function as a happy person.

8. Stop for a while, then just smoke occasionally.

That's the best way to do it, IMO. when you smoke every day it stops being fun and special

9. Smoke weed everyday

10. I was like you 2 years ago. Now i smoke 50% alone and 50% with people so i can enjoy my weed time more. Just hang out with someone

11. Get outside and do something trippy with a friend. Go to a concert or musem or go see a movie or go on a hike. I like to go hiking with my friends where I have never been. It's fun when your high.

12. Do something you like, star gazing is my favourite thing to do, besides catching a meteor shower.

13. Maybe your best option at this point, since you stated you had trouble with school while smoking in the past, would be to just lay off the smoke for a while. At least till you're done with your schooling. Concentrate on bettering yourself as a person and furthering your education. Weed isn't going anywhere and you can always experiment with it later when you don't have school. Just my .02

14. I started smoking about 2 years ago and I started getting to that point a few months ago. In order to make it more fun I started smoking with others, but it has to be the right people. If you smoke around the wrong people you'll only end up having your high blown so if you do it with anyone, do it with people who are chill and don't talk too much. Also, I tried new strands and diversifying the ways I smoke (rolling papers, bongs, edibles, etc.), at this point in time I'm investing in a bong with a percolator. Changing the environment, the method and people should help do the trick bro!

15. Maybe you just need to take a break? Are you getting high or as high as you used to?

16. my nigga juss roll up a heap of dat pine

17. Anything gets boring if you do it over and over. Maybe you just need to find a new direction.

18. I've decided I'm going to stop for abit to get my old high back, or at least a better high lmao. I stopped wednesday and had 2 bowls on thursday with abit or regret, however I got fairly more stoned which I believe gave me motivation to continue to not smoke. It's now Sunday and I haven't smoked since but I feel alright, the first few days were meh yesterday got better and today i feel even better then I did yesterday :)

If you do just full on stop you may have constant or not so constant mood swings, you're not going to be as hungry, you may get really weird butterflies in your stomach and sometimes feel abit nauseous, - the last 2 however mainly are a factor when you wake up / around that time

Also I have a tip - don't look so much at the bigger picture, take it a day at a time because when I (even now) think I've set myself until next friday where i could smoke again it just feels weird to me knowing I'll be going that long without smoking as I'm so used to the opposite and kind of ruins the thought of stopping in a way; hard to explain what it does to the thought. However, if you take it day at a time and get yourself doing something then that will surely be better

19. I recently quit. I wasn't even using recreational, i was a straight up junkie. although i was still very productive i couldnt go 6 hrs without it. quitting wasnt difficult. just dont buy weed... tht's about it. you dont realize how much fun sobriety can be until you spend a yr being intoxicated. i've been smoking for maybe 5-6 yrs but this past yr ive smoked a lot more

should you do it? absolutely yes. you dont lose anything by quitting. weed is great, it's a lot of fun. but if you dont feel it's doing you any good at the moment you should quit for a while and prioritize other things

if you're unhappy, as i am, intoxicating yourself is an obvious choice. but unless you're using it medicinally you shouldnt smoke for more than, say, 2 months. just to take a break from your reality. but then you have to find ways to improve your life

i want to start smoking again, after i get my life to a better place. get a college diploma, a good job, a gf/bf u like. then you can smoke again

and dont forget your health. exercise and eat right, tht way u dont have to use it medicinally in the future