Should I quit politics?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheAtmansPath, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Im fucking tired of always running into brick walls and arguing pointlessly with uneducated people.

Like... REALLY TIRED of it. And everytime i hear something about the government it is always a mega-facepalm event. they just fuckin suck so hard, the US government.

I don't really want to keep going. Ill speak when necessary, and hold my views in a philosophical way, but do you guys think I should keep fighting or quit

this is a stupid poll (which idk how to create)

2. So you wanna quit GC's Political forum or just discussing politics in general? Either way, no matter what you're gonna run into stupid people with stupid minds arguing their stupid points but you can just ignore them and look to discuss things with people who aren't retarded.

3. I can only imagine how my economics and government teacher felt, no one respected him and the class just ran over him, it was like a party in the classroom

4. Barack Obama? is that you? yes, you should quit

5. I think you should travel the Atman's path. :smoke:

6. I guess mostly GC politics but also in general just don't always bother having conversations about it because it generally gets nowhere.

It makes it hard for me to be peaceful, contemplative, whole, meditative and such too

7. Or smoke a bowl and calm down. I don't talk about politics much, only on online forums. Politics usually leads to one losing their emotions and heated arguments occur. This is especially true when talking with dumbasses. On an online forum you can completely ignore or tear apart said dumbasses without having to deal with them in person.

8. thats how i feel. so much ignorance in america. people think that eliminating gubmint will be a happy magic land where candy grows on trees and everyone is happy. wrong, enjoy your days off while you have them because as soon as big business is given free reign you will basically be worked to death for minimal pay.

9. #9 Swills, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  10. tha best thing about Ron Paul is that people care

11. Why do you think I flip out so much? Every other month a new batch of people roll in that need taught the exact same things. It gets pretty old having the bridge the communication gap every time.

12. #12 Grizmoblust, Mar 24, 2012
    WHAT ABOUT THE ROADS?!?!

Yes, I hate talking about politics as well. If we're all living without political organization then there is no point to talk about politics.

Edited: Yes, you should usually hold on to it until if somebody talks about issues. If you want show them the wrongful of the state and such, normally attack them with your questions by using 'against me' argument.

13. #13 morefreedom, Mar 24, 2012
    Yeah just give up and accept the impending corporate plutocratic feudalism. If you ignore it then it won't affect you right?

I mean rule of law was kind of lame anyways. As long as I got my cable tv and frozen pizzas then who gives a fuck

The American education system isn't meant to educate. It is meant to create system managers for corporations.

14. Stay and fight...

15. Atman's you can't quit until you've converted or helped convert at least 5 people to replace you =)

16. If you can't convert one person then you got long ways to go.

17. In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. - Mark Twain

It's always darkest before the dawn. ;)

18. 1st, read about how choosing a "career" in politics came about.

2nd, forget about becoming a politician and be the change you want to see...start locally.

REVERSE THE CYCLE.

19. See kids, this is what happens when you only read the title of the thread and reply.

:D

20. Honestly, having traveled around the world quite a bit, other countries may score higher on tests, but I've met just as many idiots. They don't seem to pay attention to borders.