Should I quit my job

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rich13g, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Got hired at some restaurant as dishwasher now they expect me to do everything on my own it only my third day and like a 3 man job and their constantly telling me to go faster when I'm giving it all I got and then some , just venting I don't know what to do as I just started and need the money

2. Keep it, making money is worth the work.

3. I was in the same position one time. I am a hard worker and literally they expected me to juggle everything from the food prep to cleaning the tables and the plates cleaned (at a PACKED pizza joint.)

I was forced to quit due to stress man, I was literally not eating properly and shit. It effected my relationship at the time cause I was so angry...

4. theyre just tryna push you its ok..

never quit a job till you find a better one. 

5. Give it at least 2 weeks to a month honestly. They might be trying to test you, i have friends that are managers at restaurants and told me for the first 2 weeks or so they'll give the new guy all the work and make him a mule basically, not to be a dick but to see how you handle working under pressure. They figure if someone can handle those first 2 weeks then they can definitely handle the rushes like dinner time on holidays, when the local sports team wins a championship, shit like that. So the ones that end up quitting in those first 2 weeks they just let them go and leave it at that.

Its a way to weed out people that are cut out an those that arent instead of giving the new guy easy work right away then when some major rush hits he cant handle the pressure.

Stick it out for a little an see whats up. If anything at least get another job before quitting

6. start applying to other places, it takes a while so the earlier the better

7. *Shrugs* I work in a restaurant, sounds pretty standard to me, especially if it's a small business. It's really not that hard. You just have to get in a good rhythm with it. Then again, maybe you should look for something else. Some people got it, and some people don't.

8. Wow on top of that my mom got nosy yesterday after I got home from 9 hr shift at 1 am wakes me up early to question me about a rolling paper she found that I clean my dqbber with and wants to talk later

9. I've been there done that. Quitting before I had another job was the dumbest move I've made. 6 months unemployed...
    Keep it, at least until you find another job

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Just do it, give it a chance.   It will get easier, or you'll find something else.  It's easier to find a job when you're already working.      

11. Being a dishwasher is all about having a routine. The job is tougher than people think, especially having to do food prep.

Id start filing out other applications asap if you want to quit.

Sent from the Gods.

12. Dishwashing sucks hard man

13. Dish washing job? Lol... yes. Quit that shit. I did that when I was 14 for a few months. Fuck that. You can make more money way easier if you have half a brain. But if you don't, then by all means, don't quit.... I need people to wash the dishes at the places I eat.

14. Just work at your own pace if they fire you for not working hard enough then sit down smoke a bowl and collect unemployment -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #15 rich13g, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    After going in today my supervisor wanted to talk to me, telling me I need work faster or get replaced he only hired me as a favor and why I wasn't getting along with me co-worker really Wtf on top of that I'm going to college and working till 4-1am with midterms coming up...and my mom now thinks I'm a fucking failure a disappointment to her because she found a rolling paper and my medical recommendation and took them. I'm feeling like total shit now everything I always do turns this way bad just way to stressed out can't even go to the clinic to get weed because o have to pay for damn new one. srry for the long story

• Keep it, making money is worth the work.
    [​IMG]

16. Just do the best you can at work so you can get some cash. If they fire you just tell them to fuck off and that's that. And try to talk to your mom about the recommendation card she found. You should be able to have that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Look for another job. Keep this one in the meantime. But once you land one that's better you can bounce on out and let those fuckers do their own dishes as fast as they want

18. Dont quit unless you have another job lined up other wise your screwing your self .

19. #20 Zulu Whiskey, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    [quote name="The Miracle" post="18859572" timestamp="1382331457"]Just work at your own pace if they fire you for not working hard enough then sit down smoke a bowl and collect unemployment -.-Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]  Exactly why our country is so fucked.  Too many Americans think like this..  You'll never have shit unless you bust your ass for it. To the OP. Don't give up, get the sand out of your vag and give it all you got.. It gets easier with time.