Should I quit my job at Subway?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by keanu reeves, May 2, 2011.

1. look brag, I didn't even say like college or university. There are tons of higher education opportunities...technical schools, vocational schools, apprenticeships etc...you can still live a simple life while making 60k+ a year with higher education. Nowadays trying to find good paying jobs ( short of construction and the like) without some sort of certification or degree is not really a viable option

2. steal from the register until they start to catch on....then leave

3. LOL at the higher eduaction and old person smoking to much comments.

I'm a student at cal state fullerton. I'm only 21 years old. The pressure and stress is to much for a minimum wage job.

4. I'm a student as well...after I quit subway I found a job at a hotel doing front desk. Its about 100 times better, 80% of the time its completely dead leaving enough time to study. Getting out of the food service industry and especially suckway...can't recommend it enough.

5. at least you have a job.

i have 16 bucks. that's it.
    i have fucking 16 dollars to my name.

be proud of what you have.

6. It'll be less work alright, when they fire you and hire someone who will work as hard as they want them to.

7. Find another job, then quit. boom :)

Fuck makin food for slave wages

8. Well, i woke up earlier this week and decided today was the day. I'm bringing in my key, apron, hat and shirt. Telling them to find someone else to be their bitch boy!

9. Good decision man...Although I think the main mistake I made was that I turned in my 2 weeks, than I decided to not show up when I only had like 2 days left because I got upset. If you wan't to get a good reference I'd go with turning in some kind of notice. Although it seems as though you've made your decision...either way good for you. I lost my key(well it was in my backpack which was stolen) and had to pay 250 for it out of my last check. That really blew.

10. there's always gonna be jobs everyone hates, if you only have this job to support your own leisure spending habits, just find a new job first and then quit this one, 5 hour shifts are shit, i use to have a job where i'd only work 4-5 hour shifts maybe twice a week, and now i work at a headshop and loving it!

11. I feel exactly the same about my job at Subway. I started 2 weeks ago and worked very long hours rushing all the time to finish on time, all this for minimum waige. I will find some other job as soon as I can. I feel that there is a lot of catering jobs out there which offeres not only better pay but more importantly treat you with more respect and get people to value your hard work instead of just taking it for granted.

12. #112 WeedSlayer, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    When the Time comes to quit. Go in and start a food fight or just throw shit around like all the meat squirt sauces on the walls (such as your own sauces) start going ape shit. Just never put them on a resume of course. It would bring happiness in my life to do that.

EDIT: Didn't see this was brought up from the dead. Someone do that^ if they want to quit subway oh and record it

13. So what happened OP did you ever quit? I remember reading this thread when I first joined the forum.

14. Exactly how I felt about my last job except I'd be working real early in the morning. When I was still in school sometimes I'd have to get up at midnight, work my shift, then go to school, have no time for hw, sleep, and do it all over. I really had no social life outside of school. I was making 12 dollars an hour which isn't bad at all for a fast food job

15. nnunes

Permastoned

So what happened OP did you ever quit? I remember reading this thread when I first joined the forum.

Quite a long time OP, did subway kill you or something when you told them you wanted to quit?

16. Look for other jobs. As soon as you get another quit or if you save more money, unless you're in high school or something. 500 isn't bad but if you can't get another job for a year that 500 isn't a lot for fun or stuff you might need to pay for Down. The road