Should I quit my job at Subway?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by keanu reeves, May 2, 2011.

1. I didn't read any of the post above, but getting a job in the economy is hard. I, personally, would rather have a job than go out and search for one and come back empty handed.

Though, if you're not going to school, I suggest doing that while having a job.

2. If it is truly and negatively impacting your mental health, do it. But if you're just being a big baby, suck it up man. Either way, do what will make YOU happy.

3. Everyone I know who lives by a philosophy like this is either a bum, a parasitic fucking leech who lives off the government, or lives at home with their parents. It's a nice ideal, but it has to be taken with a grain of reality. Unfortunately you need money to be doing any kind of "living". Just get another job and then quit Subway, guarantee you'll be saving yourself from a lot of stress down the road.

4. I do believe it actually is. I'm far from a big baby, and thus is why im sticking it out at subway. I keep telling myself that its just a runt im in and i can overcome the stress of subway.

But for how long do I have to struggle to keep my head above water at subway???

The rip tide is pulling me under and I fear like i'm gonna drown before i conquer this ocean.

5. hahaha. I appreciate this alot. I'm glad someone can give me an opinion coming from a realistic stand point. You are very right, but damn its so hard sometimes.

6. Alright blades, I'm off to subway. I got work in thirty and its a nice little 5 hour shift.

I've got to be honest. All of this help on this matter has made it easier for me. Like, you guys center my mind and prepare me for the shitty day at work with all your insight.

I'll let you guys know how today goes, probably give you an update at break. Any thoughts on how to make my job more enjoyable?

7. Why not ask for a raise?

8. "Dear Big-Boss-Person,
    I appreciate the faith you placed in me when you promoted me into a supervisory position, however, I am unable to justify the extra stress on my mental health for a mere $0.25 an hour over the minimum wage which my colleagues receive. I believe the work I do requires a higher rate of pay. If this is not possible I respectfully request you demote me.
    Yours Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously,
    Neo, The One, PhD"

That's what I'd do.

9. You can't wish the problems away, it never works. Try searching for a job less taxing on your patience.. I've worked in customer service for a few years, myself, and it pretty much sucked the life out of me. It's not like subway is something you wish to gain a career out of, so aim a bit higher now that you have some work experience. Goodluck. :)

With this economy? Mm..not likely.

10. Take that $500 you saved, buy a couple ounces, and start selling weed in an actual subway

11. #71 OpenMindFields, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    If you are that one clerk that works on the Subway on the north hill in my city, you should quit.

Because that guy, is miserable, never says good morning, never smiles, never says has a nice day. Nothing. Nothing at all.

He's hurting inside I bet, hurting deep....

^ Much lolz at the post above

12. You have no idea how much I'm laughing right now, dude. Ahahaha. + rep

13. I kinda felt the same about my job at Wal-mart, worked there full time during summer and quit in the fall because I thought I wouldn't have enough chill time between work and school. Now i'm looking for another job because i'm tired of being a bum ass college student:D

Don't quit the job unless it's seriously making you crazy, trust me wish I could get hired back at my old job now, too bad I flipped off the manager I didn't like when I left so I doubt i'll be getting it back.:p(don't do stupid shit like that BTW haha)

14. $8.25 isn't incentive enough for you to quit?... I have no idea what to say.

15. dude get a job at a deli.
    i hate it, yeah but i just laugh inside..
    i go to work high piss off my boss, and wash dishes.
    then i go home smoke and come back
    owned

16. 8.25.....so do they use lube or just go dry? i was making 8.50(yes i know states are diff) when i started at mcdonalds. We only got busy after school let out and MAYBE at dinner time, but that was mostly the drive through. But foreal at least make em take you to dinner if there taking ur man pussy that hardcore.

17. Thank you, this is perfect.

18. That makes me wonder whether all subways are set up this way or my owners just trying to make money and is only paying what he can get away with paying his employees?

19. hahaha its not that i want to wish the problems away. I'm simply looking for solutions without having to result in killing myself or quitting my job. Kind of like making a few changes about myself to make the situation i'm in more manageable.

20. You are keanu reeves, you shouldn't be dealing with such atrocious job.