Should I quit my job at Subway?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by keanu reeves, May 2, 2011.

1. Ok, fuck sonic!

2. #22 TokeitNbakeit, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    Ur an irresponsible doucher.

Name-calling does not fly here. -Durchii

3. Dude.. its Subway... Comon now :smoke:

4. Yes quit. Absolutely quit. If the job is making you as miserable as you claim than get out of there.

5. #25 keanu reeves, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    I'm a supervisor with a key to the store and i make 8.25$ an hour. Ill live with it. I've done way more for that store than i've received in compensation.

Edit: and you must of not smoke yet, comon brother, spark a bowl.

6. i hate subway! but ya ask for a raise. and dont give em a hard time, they tell that shit to your next job.

7. Once u get the job at fashion island place, quit subway then on one of ur days off go to subway, get a big ass turkey sub no Italian shit, and sit down and watch the employees work their asses off like u did. Ur depression will wear off like that :)

8. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

9. Me personally, I wouldn't quit before finding another job. But in that same breath, do what makes you happy. Just remember tho, its work... it's not supposed to be fun. [most min wage jobs are all going to be crappy]

10. Dude don't quit yet. Negotiate getting a raise if you can't don't quit until you can get a new job. Start smoking non cigs before you come to work to relax your mind and it will probably start being better and tasting better too. Its nice to start saving so you can actually do something and 500 sadly can't even pay rent for a 1 month but it can in fact buy you a decent used car with enough looking.

11. I've worked 7 jobs in my life and I hated them all but 9 months ago I started working as a dishwasher. As a dishwasher where I worked you also had to bust your ass 24/7. Sure some people say its the easiest job but it all adds up and I just got way to stressed and began to hate my life. Being that im only 19, have a side job and have few bills to pay I decided to give them my 2 week notice and since then I have been so much happier and love life.

12. Maybe you can step down from the supervisor position?Seems like it'd be better for you to make 25 cents less an hour and have less stress on you.Plus you get to keep your job so it's win-win.

13. I've been in that situation before, I used to work at Target and I would have to close the section all by myself (bakery) almost every night on summer. Shit sucked, pay sucked, customers sucked.

You just have to put up with it, I wouldn't just flat out quit. You should line up another job before you do that.

14. i honestly can't even begin to fathom how a job at subway stresses you out...

the notion of feeling pressured to make a sandwhich faster seems almost laughable...

i'd take my sweet ass time and then maybe the customer would be less inclined to return = less work for me = winning.

15. i would find it kinda deadining... zero creative expression, under florescent lights all day, ungrateful customers... those walls.. always the same. . . .

16. He man just be happy u still got a job and ur not laid off

17. what kinda jobs are you interested in?

18. All I will say is crime pays and let you figure out the rest and choose your own way.

19. #39 aznno0odles, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    if you quit now, enjoy your money while it lasts

edit- find a new job before u quit this one. dont be foolish because youll regret it lol. all jobs suck and at least u get to eat free sandwhiches, if not take it anyways. and if u feel like ur rushing too much, work slower so u can get fired instead and get unemployment checks . good luck sorry ur job sucks

20. This is an awesome idea. Thanks..