should i put these seedlings under cfl light ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hretic, Mar 1, 2019.

1. #1 hretic, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    hi , im a first time grower ( technically second time , poor thing died the first time )

so i put my seeds in a cup and put the cups in a dark room , they have came out of ground yesterday although the seed shell is still attached to the plant (one more than another ) here are the pics

here is one

[​IMG]

here is the second one which is not as developed as the first one

[​IMG]

im using cfl lights for grow as i live in a pretty hot place and houses are build in a way that they dont attract direct sun light

i've bought 3 , 50w daylight cfl for start

right now they're still in the dark room without any light

so my question is should i put them under the light or should i wait some more ?
    how long should i put them under the light for start ? is 12/12 ok ?
    should i use all 3 cfl right now or increase them over time ?

Attached Files:

2. I would just use some sterile tweezers and gently give her a helping hand & remove the shell mate.
    Job done.
    She needs light now mate!!!!!!
    She will struggle without it.
    Give her 24 hours of light until she is stronger.
    When you re-pot, add more perlite.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree, give her all 3 cfl bulbs about 4” away.. that should give u nice nodes to start so shell be able to support herself up..

Cfl’s are the best at seedling internode spacing.. nice close nodes..

For future refrence, she shouldve had light since first sprouting out the ground.. thats what she came up looking for!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. thanx , im a bit under equipped .... i have to buy one of those dome thingy to avoid wasting light but i think this will do for now ... how is the distance ? im afraid it might burn the plant
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thats good for now.. the light is good.. its not close enough to burn them yet.. cfl’s can go up to basically touching a plant almost b-4 burning it..

keeping the light close will build for a shorter bushier plant rather a far cfl thatll stretch ur plant & make it hard for her to hold herself up..

Ifk how many inches the lightis but i reccomend you keeping a close eye for the next day or so and adjust the light height accordingly if need be..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Perfect.
    Don't forget she will need a oscillation fan with a gentle breeze on her to strengthen her stem!

• Like Like x 1