Should I Purchase a Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mattisbadatnames, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hello GrassCity,
    I've been smoking for almost three years now for my insomnia and also recreationally with frienda and just recently i started to consider a vaporizer. I live with my parents and they frequently complain about the smell of weed in my room, despite my efforts with a smokebuddy and I heard that vaporizers smell a lot less than smoking weed. My problem though is, I don't know anybody else who owns one or who is planning to buy one and I've heard that the high is completely different and lacks that couch-lock feeling. Are vaporizers good for insomnia and will a vaporizer be more stealthy than smoking? also which vaporizers do you recommend?

2. Well, I have toyed with a few vapes, but in the end, they all smell to a degree.

I've used the PAX, its small and convenient.
    I have used the mighty volcano and that thing is a beast, but takes up a lot of room and is more meant for a get together setting.
    I didn't enjoy the firefly too much, it didn't vape right for me. Might be a learning curve.
    I want to try a Magic Flight Launch Box, as ive heard nothing but good things.

While the high is different, it still gets you that "couch lock" feel, especially if your vaping a good indica.

Just remember, don't go for any of the pen vapes like the snoop dog one or the like, they combust herb, so its more like an electric pipe, and your looking for a true vape.

3. Me? I love vaping. Tried it last year and have totally switched. This is what I do. I have spent a grand on various vapes and backups. (8) Seems like a lot but I am an Old Dog and this is my interest. It is imperative that you find the right vape for you. Once you do, you will be amazed.
    As far as smell. It is way better but not non existent. Imagine that you are no longer setting small fires and burning wood but rather extracting the "steam" out of plants and slowly releasing the unused vapor. Much less smell but it does remain.

4. #4 hitops, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    A solid vape with temp controls at minimum 3 settings 385F 400F 410 or 415F something like that can produce a variety of effects. +1 on indica strain :D  You want a couch lock pump up the temp on that strain will take you to infinity & beyond. I would also get a grinder 4 piece type. Vapes work best when herb is ground well but not to a powder & dried/cured properly not super sticky. The herb savings is immense not to mention you will collect kief with that 4 piece grinder that otherwise would be lost. The magic flight launch box is awesome but has a learning curve & no way to control temp other than temp surfing. You may also want to invest in extra batteries or power plug adapter. I recommend this following vape a lot for people new to vaping.  The Flowermate V5.0s it has little if any learning curve. Longest battery life usage time of any portable. It's priced right at under 100$ US. 3 Temp settings glass vape path ceramic chamber. Everything stores onboard in compartments & has the ability to pack a bowl & go without worries about it spilling out. Chamber light to load in the dark. It has downfalls however. like 3 temps settings compared to lets say a arizer solo that has what 7. It also has internal batteries like the solo never was a fan of internal batteries but no biggie at that price. Before you get to confused with convection vs conduction vapes I'll add this. Most all portable vapes are hybrid a mix of both. The biggest difference is most that lean on a portable level to the side of convection have no temp control or element cut off. The ones that lean a bit more to conduction at portable level have a temp control. That can be good or bad depends on how you look at it. Ones without temp like the mflb can surf to any temp hold that battery in to long tho user error it will reach combustion thats bad. Thats why I say it has a learning curve technique to it. Ones that have temp control wont let you reach combustion built in fail safe even have a shut off timer just incase you leave it on after using & forget to turn it off. You can get a 100% convection vapes that have temp control  but not portable & costly. Anyways hope this helps welcome to the City :wave: use them decarboxylated vape leftovers that have went from THCA to THC to make some edibles no cooking needed just mix with something high in saturated fat & others fats. Firecrackers milkshakes stuff like that. Good on cheese pizza to mmm. 2 hrs later max you will be flying high just be careful on the dose I would start with only a half a gram gram max.

5. #5 I am the Pot, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    With vaporizing the smell is significantly reduced, it's a night and day difference!
    Also personally i get A LOT higher off of less chronic, it is just a much more
    enjoyable experience for me. 

I have never found a "lack of couch lock" with any vaporizer as long as it can 
    sufficiently vape at higher temps you can get the sedative effects you need,
    allthough i don't know if it would work as well with your insomnia as smoking
    that's something you would have to find out for yourself.

There are some cheap vapes out their that may make it easier to just dive into it to try vaping,
    I recommend the Vapman, Arizer Solo, Daisy, Underdog, DBV, LSV, Vapolution 2, Herbalaire and the Lily are all very
    good products that fit different needs and I think one of these might fit your needs go to
    the FuckCombustion website and do a little research find a model you think you would like and
    grab it.

PS: There are many other amazing vapes besides the ones i have linked but those are the ones
    that i have direct experience with (Besides the lily) and they are all very good quality units that
    can be had at an affordable price.

6. #6 ediblelove, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015

Allow me to refer you to the post I just made on my first vape experience:

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/1360126-first-time-vape-experience.html#entry21385706

Yes, you should definitely get a vaporizer!!!

EDIT to add there is SOME smell but not like a bong. When I'm with my friends when they are smoking from their bong it is a strong smell. I vaped by myself in my bedroom and could barely smell it at all, and it seemed to disipate quickly.

7. Technology & innovation have allowed man to continually improve his health as he advances in time.

Vaporizer is a newer technology. Smoking has been around forever. 

Once you vape, you don't look back (if you're smart and consciously aware of what's going on when you get high). If you're stupid, vapes might not be for you (like one idiot I knew)

Goodluck with your decision.

8. #8 I am the Pot, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015

I mean it's a great thing that vapeing is such a great thing for you (and undoubtedly me)
    but just because someone prefers smoking doesn't make them stupid man.

I mean personally i won't go back to smoking because it doesn't get me very high,
    it tastes worse, you can have a full session off of a pinch of herb with a vape but a few bong loads takes a lot more herb, and many other reasons 
    but if i experienced better highs from smoking i would likely continue to smoke so i don't 
    blame anyone who enjoys smoking more or call them stupid for enjoying a plant in a 
    different way then i choose too.