Should I prune these?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Mar 20, 2014.

1. OK these are 34 days old 4 days into flower and someone suggested I need to prune them. I am conflicted because these are bag seeds but they came out of a bag my friend grew for me purple haze but they were pollinated by og kush. Would pruning at this stage stress these either into a hermi or male?

Any help would be awesome because these are the best looking plants I have had indoors and all my other grows turned out to be male. So thank you again blades!! *bongin*

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Sorry it posted twice

3. I would recommend some lst but would not prune

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Have you topped or Fimmed your plants yet?

5. #5 GoldGrower, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    If you cut leaves off the plant will metabolize sun light and air at a reduced rate, obviously slowing growth. I would not recommend this while in flower because the clock is ticking, you don't have time for the plants to regrow its leaves

6. I pruned them about 5 days ago and they bounce right back

Attached Files:

7. I wouldn't recommend pruning at all, there in flower. Bit of LST will be just as good.

8. So basically now it's 5 days behind what it could have been. all the time the plant was growing back all those leaves it could have been using those leaves to grow bud instead

9. #9 Skunky Monkey, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Not always, there is a place in the garden for pruning the lower growth, it can divert energy towards the successful bud sites in full sun light without having those small pop corn buds getting no light taking a share of the plants energy/food and they don't always just grow back, you will usually see growth pic up if done right. 

It's called lolly popping and if done right is a great technique to use, never cut of fan leaves and all leaves are solar panels, but some very tactical pruning to the lower growth can benefit and divert energy to the tops, It's just not a good idea in flower.