Should I play Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by The Proud One, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Never tried it, heard nothing but praise for it.

It's an old game though, and I only really play PC games - at least right now - here and there to kill some time.

Is it worth torrenting it and playing it if I've never tried it, or are there better games out there now?

:smoke:

2. I recommend solitaire. I play that shit all the time and it never gets old..

3. I hear ya.. got it on my phone and my laptop and I play it all the time in class, haha.

4. I LOVED Diablo 2
    its a typical run around and kill.collect things game.

Why not get anew game? like Starcraft 2 maybe?

5. Never played starcraft, but I've played RTS games before.

Is it easy to get into and play competitively?

6. Ive been playin that shit for over ten years now. So damn good. You really cant go wrong with it. Get yourself into it man and youll be thankful when the third one finally rolls around.

7. Alright you've been posting this crap in all my threads now, consider yourself ignored.

8. Try Diablo 2 if you dont plan on leaving your house for at least 2 months.

Barbarians cake walk through the whole game if your new to the genre.

I think a shit ton of people still play that online too.

9. Dude for real? If you havent played D2 during it prime, you'll never have the full experience of that game. There was nothing quite like it. But yes, you should definantly give it try.

10. Man, where the hell do you live? Diablo 2 came out over a decade ago and there are people playing it online as we speak. So yeah, give it a go, tell us what you think about it.

11. I don't know how I never played it, considering how many other video games I've played in my time.

I downloaded it, gonna install it and give it a go tonight.

I'll report back after.

12. It's been a few days. How'd it go?

13. hes been playing long enough to have beaten that shit on hell by now whats goin on, did he get so sucked in we lost another user lol

14. I never got the chance to try it, past few days have kept me insanely busy.

I'm still gonna try it as soon as I get a chance, and when I do I'll update the thread. :)

15. #15 KillaKeeps, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    Don't waste your time with it, I played it for 6-7 years straight, the game is great & all, but it's nothing what it used to be. I can't hop on it anymore, just for the sole fact that I played it for almost half of my life lol. Diablo 3 is going to be the shit, I'd say just wait for that.

16. Anyone who is going to play D3 should go out and get d1 and d2 and beat them on single player so they have a general idea of WTF is going on in the game lol, i mean, when i played d2 the first time, i hadnt played d1, and i didnt understand half the game, mind the fact i was probably like 9 years old, or younger lol, but i didnt get tristram, wert, all that stuff, and you know D3 is going to throw a bunch of allusions to d2 and 1 into it haha, getting d2 and 1 only costs like 20 bucks anyway

EDIT: and beating them on single player only takes 5-8 hours a game, if you are grinding

17. I think D3 will probably explain a bit more of what is happening, i mean it has been over 10 years since D2, they are shooting for a new audience now i suppose and need to tell all the new users wtf is happening haha. but i do not know for sure obviously that is just my guess.

18. yes... play D2.. its amazing.... i cant play it, dont wanna roll back to xp... so patiently awaiting the release the of Diablo 3.... Blizzard is a tease, its kept us waiting sooooooooooooo long

19. Diablo 2 = one of the all-time greats when it comes to pc games. Lord of destruction was a great expansion also. I probably have an entire year of time in game just doing baal runs.

20. Woop woop.
    Yea, Fuck Blizzard, assholes.