Should I Pick up and move for this girl?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by superbanki, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Yo GC.  I'm at a pretty weird fuckin point in my life right now.  I'm 26, living at my parents for another week before they boot me.  I get ~1k/month in disability right now, so on the 3rd I'm gonna have ~$2300, no car, and no place to live.  Back in May I split with my girl of 2.5 years when I found out she was hookin behind my back.  I moved back into my parents and got a shitty parttime job delivering bagels to shoprite in the ass early morning.  

I then started hangin out with this girl who messaged me on an online site a little while back.  She was in NJ to take care of her elderly grandpops who lives on a huge farm nearby.  She's 29, fit, trim, fucking unbelievable ass :ey: , but kinda has a messed up past (not judgin, my past is fucked too).  She's funny, smart, fun, and has a great sense of humor.  But there was some bad shit going down with the grandpops relatives tryin to take the farm and she split the other night.  She was asking me to come with her and shit, and I didn't go.  I've been regretting it, but we're still talkin and shit and she wants me to come to her when i'm booted.  We'd go stay with her family in Arkansas for a little while before moving to a house in Portland Oregon that she's getting a good deal on renting.  

But here's the thing, she just told me she isn't ready to be a girlfriend.  A friend, lover, and traveling companion, but not a girlfriend yet.  I think I get that, I know I'm not really ready for a relationship either.  And I have nothing tying me to this place, I'm getting kicked out because my little shit of a brother threw me under the bus for weed, yet continues to smoke himself.  I don't have much shit anymore, and my only other option is to live on the streets again (did that before for a couple months in Utah, *shudder*) and this would be better than Utah, or go Bush and live in the fucking wild.  

Any of ya'll live in the Portland area?  What's it like?  How's the job market?  What the fuck is there to do in Portland?  

2. Do what's in your heart. We all have that little voice that directs us where to go. Even after getting advice, we all kind of know what we are going to do regardless of what others say. What does that voice tell you? Go with her or figure it out on your own?

3. I don't know that it's smart to pick up and move just for a girl. Haha, I don't want to be rude in asking this, but are you sure she's even real? I had a friend that seriously went through that Catfish thing in real life. It was scary. Thought that shit didn't actually happen, but it does. But anyway, assuming she's legit, I still don't know if it's that smart to pick up and move for a girl you don't know yet. People can be so different online and in person. But...it could be a nice life change if you want to leave everything else behind. I don't know. It's tough to say. If you have somewhere to live up there, I guess you could always try.

That being said, Portland is the SHIT. I visited for a week or two when I was like 19 or 20 and I love it. So many things to do. I would definitely go back. It's so freaking pretty. It's a 21+ town though (in terms of things to do), but once you reach that age there are like tons of bars, places to eat, music shows, people to talk to, etc. There's a bookstore called Powell's that is the biggest bookstore EVER. If you like to read, definitely hit it up. I miss it now, shit.

If you've ever watched Portlandia, that shit ain't no lie. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nah, we've actually met in person and shit a number of times.  She was livin 15 minutes from me before she split.  I've been reading more and more about Portland and it really does seem awesome.  I'm in Central NJ now, but have lived in Utah for a couple years, been to cali, been to vegas numerous times, and I really love the west.  

Powell's seems like the shit, and when/if I do move out there, I will certainly hit it up.  I'm thinking more and more I'm just gonna pack up and go next week after all my cash comes in.  NJ is a shithole, and I used to love living here, but it's getting more and more oppressive.

5. #5 Hello there!, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    Personally, I'd up and move in a heartbeat. So what if she's not ready to be a girlfriend? Be her friend. Be her fuckbuddy. Regardless of whatever relationship may or may not exist, it sounds like you think she's pretty fucking sweet already. And living with a friend of any kind in a place as bomb as Portland, is 100x better than living homeless.. or anywhere in NJ :p

How would that affect your disability though? Is your condition bad enough that you require it? If you can deliver bagels, I'm sure you're not in that bad of shape, but something to think about.

6. Yea she sounds chill. Just make sure she isnt gonna flip out and kick you out. Bitches do shit like that.

And get youre life together bro

In that case, do it! Even if it doesn't work out with her, you'll be in a fun ass city where you can start life over again.

as someone who lives in north NJ, i'll have to say it's quite a fucking shithole

9. #9 superbanki, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    My disability is federal, so anywhere in the US will work.  I can also make up to 1k/month without affecting it, and I was going to try to tap into some training and vocational school opportunities through the disability.  Once I have that I can (hopefully) get a well-paying job working on a trade and not need disability the disability anymore.

The one thing that makes me hesitate, is the uncertainty, but fuck, I was supposed to be going to Paraguay to mill rice with Epiic, but that was dragged out since Jan/Feb and now seems like it's all been lies.  

So yea, I think I will do it.  Fuck this is exciting.

Alright, I need all the info on Portland you guys can give me.  Outside of Craigslist, any good local job posting sites for the area?  What would the average monthly cost of living in Portland be?  What's the weed scene like?  I'll confess, I know nothing about Oregon outside of Oregon Trail, and I'm pretty sure Mary doesn't still die from Typhoid..

10. Youll love the weed prices if youre from nj. 10 dollars a gram for dank. Like 200.an ounce with no connects.

11. No shit? That's awesome.

12. Yup. Some retards might try to sell you a zip for the full 280. Tell them to eat shit. And its a medical state. You might as well get your card and grow. For 2000 you can buy a decent set up. And youll be able to donate your weed to dispensaries. Theyll give you at least 1500 a pound. More depending on quality.