Should I move to Florida?

Discussion in 'General' started by Self_Exile, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Okay so here is this situation I am facing:

I live in TN, in my senior year of HS...Had 4.0gpa and decent act score and my plan was to go to ETSU for 2 years then UT...all my college would be paid for by scholarships/grants and any extra fees would be paid by my grandpa. I could get a free ride but be stuck in this town/state that I hate so much for another 5 years.

But: One of my real good friends is moving to Florida with his family and I've been friends with him and his family for a long time...5 years or more. I went down there to visit his family and just vacation last Christmas. Loved it...and I've been there countless times before...love it there, any where with a nice climate because I hate the snow.

They have said I could live down there and me being 18 I have nothing holding me back except college and my grandpa. I would still try to go to college down there but I don't think the scholarships would go to an out-of-state college. I would still try it either way...I would try to get a job first thing and help out...anyways...

What do you blades think?

2. Do what will make you happy.
    First off learn whether or not you could get a scholarship for the out of state college.
    If not than its a tougher decision as you would have to work to put yourself through class. Would you grandfather support you going out of state?
    Its really your decision, but if it were me i would most likely go out of state and then work to put myself through school.

3. Probably not. He probably wouldn't support me and he would probably say that I would fuck up my life without his supervision. He always lectures me about college and getting a good education...it's been beaten in to me since I was very young that he would disown me if I didn't go to college. He is right about it though, college really is the only way out...I plan on becoming an environmental engineer/chemical (Dual Major) It would be hard but I could do it in 4 years, if not then 5. I will look in to the scholarships, but I believe a lot of them are lottery scholarships so they are only in-state. =[