Should I move to Florida or California??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by .420., Nov 19, 2009.

1. Well, I'm 20 years old and still live with my parents in NY. I attend a community college and I need thirty to twenty credits more to graduate with an AS degree in Information Technology. My parents would probaly be dissappointed that I will leave, but if I stay they will bitch at me for not takeing a stand on being independence. (it's weird)

California Pros:

1)I have a few family in California.
    My cousin who's an only child and one year older then I, who also smokes pot. (But I don't want to intrude on his life.)
    2)Warm Weather. (FOr Bud)
    3)Pot is border line legal yea!

Florida Pros:

1) I have a cousin who lives there, but lives with his girl, not sure if he smokes, also don't want to intrude in his life.
    2)Warm Weather (for BUD)
    3) My parents owns a second home in Florida
    4) Ever since I was a child I visited Florida like every year.

The Cons apply for both:

1)Cost of living?
    2)Employment?
    2)A nice apartment, in a decent area? (I want an area fairly progressive, Basicly I don't want to blaze a bud then fear my neigborhood or some shit like that)
    3) A university that I will attend to further my education for a BS in IT?
    5)Car Insurance info for that area I live?

I'm sure I want to move, but as of right now I'm not in the position do to my debt I owe about 1700 dollers, but I make the payments.

So I was just wandering, ya know start to work on a plan and shit!

2. lets see, dirrty FLA, no work, its hot as fuck, lots of people to fuck with ya, crazy southern cops n shit... I dunno man, cali may be the place to go, I know there aint SHIT goin on here in FL though.

3. Florida, I've heard alot of people say they believe there will be a major earthquake in California within the next ten years.

4. THIsss

5. Miami or the rest of Florida?

6. If a lot of people say they believe something, it MUST be true :rolleyes:

Cali for sure.

7. Come to SoCal, its so sunny mmmhhhmmm.

8. Cali baby, shoot you're asking a stoner forum "should I move to a place that is totally friendly to stoners or not"

9. cali. about the earthquake, if there is one, even like an 8.0, you do understand that it would only effect 20% of the population at most right.

10. 99% of people on here will blindly tell you California.

- Florida is much cheaper than California. Cost of living. Real estate. Theres no state tax.

- California had 12.2% unemployment in Sept 2009, when Florida only had 11.

- Just because there aren't medical clubs here doesn't mean the cops are out to get you. Sure FL has strict weed laws, but its really hard to get busted. I have personally been let go with weed at least 4 times I can remember. Jacksonville (where I live) is actually working with normal to decriminalize at the beach. Tampa and Miami are considering this too.

All that said, Cali is definitely a better state for a stoner than Florida. You just have to be able to afford to live there, and find a job.

11. where in ny? i was in the albany area at ACC if ya know it, moved to fl for school, it sucks down here man, cali blows it out of the water. i want to move there after i graduate, or back to ny. ny actually kicks floridas ass haha.

12. im in ft myers, it seems to be impossible to find a job here, no one is hiring.

13. well which part of florida... there's a pretty large difference between south fl and the rest of the state

personally i live in florida and i'd move out to cali in a heartbeat if i had the means to do so.

14. lol, ONLY 11% unemployment. :p

Even though I don't know the costs of living in Florida, I know Cali is pretty dam expensive. Which part of Cali would you be trying to move to?

15. #15 kjflakfaf, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    obviously haven't seen 2012 yet :eek:

[​IMG]

you are here ^^ (dead of course)
    hahahah but, shit won't you be saying fuck cali if this happens

16. Personally I would move to cali as I love the west coast compared to the south, but it's a big descion just go over the pro's and con's for a while do some research and set up your life the way you want it only YOU know what will make you happy

17. Will your parents let you live there if you move down here? Financially that would be the best thing to do and you could probably use that address to get in state tuition.

Florida is pretty straight. The only thing I don't like about it is a lot of the people are dumb as fuck and the drivers are terrible. Cali probably isn't too different in that regards though.

18. FLA would definitely be cheaper but Cali would be way better for weed

19. this is pretty much what it boils down to.

20. dude i have been to both... and i havve lived in florida.

i fucking hate florida with such a fiery passion...its scary.

i highly suggest california.

ugh it makes me cringe just thinking about florida...for me its a wonderful place to visit, but nothing more than that. when i lived there it was just to much of that "scarface" mentality for me to handle.

i was in south florida thought(ft lauderdale) and as someone said in this thread earlier, south florida and the rest of florida is way different....