should i move out?

Discussion in 'General' started by ninja blaze, May 10, 2013.

1. posted this in the forum help section by accident :p

im thinking about moving out i wrk as a security guard make 9.50 an hr and i work about at least 25 hours (usually 30-40) a week im still living with my mom but im getting sick of not being able to smoke or really go out without getting bitched at and many other annoying stuff. Im probably gonna try to save up about 1-5k do you think thats good enough to move into say a 2br (bed room) with rent about maybe 1000-1600 im most likely gonna find a roomate or something if none of my friends wanna move out but ill cross that road once i have the money saved up and ready to buy apartments i live in nyc btw if that helps

first thread btw

2. Where the hell do you live that you're thinking of Pyongyang 1600 for a 2br? Get a cheap studio apartment. Yeah move out. Why not? Since you already have a job just save up enough to put down the security deposit, buy household stuff, ect. So like 2-3K.

Just saw the NYC thing, yeah you have to really look for somewhere on the cheaper side. Can't expect luxury right away. NYC can get pretty pricey.

3. I honestly would save up more than that if rent is pricey. Just because you never know when shit can go wrong and you have to fork up some money. Going wrong as in something with your place, car, or whatever.

4. Idk if he's living close to home he doesn't really need thousands. Just enough to get him started and maybe a month or two worth of extra cash. I mean of course having extra money can't hurt though.

5. u need first and last months rents so he should save up like 5k before he moves out

6. how old are you OP?

7. Well if he is making 9.25 a hour and having to pay 700-800 for rent that's barely enough for rent. He even said he doesn't always get 40 hour weeks like most people. Does that rent even include utilities? You also have monthly bills like cellphone, car insurance, groceries, and other essentials around the house. That little 5k won't even last 3 months, do the math guys you have to make a profit to make 5k last. I'm not even sure he will come close to a profit with what he makes, I didn't even take taxes out.

8. develop a budget, payoff any major debts if you r able, save up money cuz sh*t happens

Rent is a big chunk of your income, what do you spend it on now that you will miss out on once you move out. jus something to consider

weigh the advantages of staying home vs being own your own (stability, freedom, etc)
    Have you talked to your mom about easing up on these restrictions? Is it possible to find a balance u both can agree on.

...and be knowledgable about the roommate u find
    Bad roommate can = torture/disaster

Good Luck on whatever you decide:smoke:

9. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If you have to ask us, then yes! Move out, its glorious.

10. yeah move out and then see how hard it is...youll be crying for mommy

11. I live by myself in a 2 bedroom, I pay 650 a month plus electric. :) NYC is expensive as a Saudi hooker.

12. Buy a van. You can park it damn near anywhere and have a place to sleep. Only rent is your insurance and gas(or parking fees). No landlords. Only downside is having to use truck stops to shower. But yeah man get a van.

13. Hmm, move out and barely make it by, or continue to live rent free with your parents...

14. Yea just to smoke weed hmmm....

i told her id pay the internet cable etc. and she didnt even wanna listen she thinks weed is like the devil or something and everytime i go out she always thinks im getting high and she constantly complains about every little thing and shes always tried to control me im really getting sick of it but ill probably save up for about a year and get a studio i wasnt going to be moving out anytime soon i just wanted to get other peoples opinion on my situation pretty much
    its alot more then that i feel like i cant live my life the way i want to be living i want to live freely and like my mom is really the only negative aspect of my life at this point shes always complaining for nothing no matter how much i do right its lik just me getting high is the worst thing in the world and i feel like id be happier if i move out and i think itd be good to experience living on my own even if i do screw up the way i see it its better to have lived on my own before then being like 25= and never even having lived on my own idk if i said that right but you know what i mean