Should I Move My Ladies Outside Now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by the_tobzster, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Hey guys, so basically I have been keeping my 3 auto flowers in my greenhouse/garden room at night (probably about 15 - 20 Celsius/ 65f) and take them out in the day for direct sunlight and some fresh air.

Do you think I could risk leaving them outside on my patio yet? Thing is temps still get pretty low at night here in south UK (~12c - not sure what that is in Fahrenheit probably 55). Is that too cold for them? Will that stunt there growth at all or negatively affect them in anyway?

Appreciate any suggestions guys!

Oh they are about a month or so old :)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm in Oregon and night time temps have been about 45F. My plants have been outdoors for at least 2 weeks and their doing great. Day time temps are 65 to 75F. I think you're safe  leaving them outdoors. I'm growing Indica's and I believe they handle colder temps better then Sativa's.

Fuck that's quite cold for Oregon no? Yeh I think I just might, just wanted to double check. Do you have autoflowers or regular photo plants? I hear Autoflowers can be more sensitive to certain things. Thanks for the response though dude  :smoke:

4. #4 snoopdog6502, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    OH yea, get them out in the sunlight and let them have the cool night air.

It makes for a stronger healthier plant IMHO.

5. Lows are in the 40's in Colorado as well, most people are already outside and have been for a few weeks now.
    Cold isn't the main problem, it's the freaking wind and hail just tearing shit up. Good for the clone dealers around here though...

6. Hon, local conditions vary, but there is an easy way to judge when it is time to put out your plants!

Just watch your nearest local market! When they put out the big 4 liter/1 gallon tomatoes, it is time for your plants to go out! Cannabis and tomatoes are about equally frost-tender plants. The big tomato plants are a high mark-up item and they will not be put out until after your average local frost date! Markets don't want to risk losing a big profit!

Granny

7. Actually it's been a nice spring in Oregon. Where I live it's about 1200 ft so it usually cools quite a bit at night. Even in July and August we usually get low to mid 50's. What's great about this year is no torrential rain storms. We'll see how that plays out this summer, we may have some bad wild fires.
    I don't grow auto-flowers, just feminized seeds. These ladies are already 8 weeks old, about 3 ft tall. Should make 6 footers easy.