Should I KEEP THIS????

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by AspiringGrower, Dec 12, 2010.

1. So I'm curious I'm making hash oil with 100% pure acetone and i've evaported most of the liquid, it no longer smells like acetone, I am just left with a fair amount of oil and a lot of this amber liquid that does not seem to want to evaporate. I do want to smoke some tonight I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep evaporating it or should I just dump this liquid? Here are some pics

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Looks FUBAR to me. Nvr heard of using acetone :confused_2:

3. It's common from what I've read...I dont think I was supposed to use a paper filter. Idk im gonna dump the liquid into a seperate pyrex dish. The black oil in it looks good though.

4. Acetone pulls out all kinds of CRAP as well as THC. I did this experiment many many years ago the result was very potent but tasted like shit and made you cough your ass off.

Me I would not smoke that. You also need to do a evaporation test on your acetone before use to make sure it is even clean or you risk cancer due to contaminates as I doubt you have access to clean lab grade acetone.

Acetone is not a suitable solvent to use for cannabis extracts.

5. Well the acetone I used was clear...it says 100% and the only ingredient under the ingredients is acetone. It says salon grade. It's a bit runnier than I'm used to for hash.

Here's some pics

heres what the oil looks like after I dumped the milky amber liquid

[​IMG]

Here is what I'm about to smoke :smoke:

[​IMG]

And idk i'll see what happens with this....

[​IMG]

6. Dial 9-1- and keep your finger on the 1

Good luck ;)

7. lol...well im keepin my fingers crossed..i used my last ounce of sugar leaf / popcorn bud from my last plant...was gonna use my friends 10-bag bubble bad system but he lost it...

im about half way through the blunt and it actually tastes quite pleasant

8. umm well after all i am now wheezing =\ stubborn people find out the hard way. I wheeze whenever i smoke some shwag though so maybe im just sensitive to the harshness.

got me loaded though.

9. so it worked??

10. Yeah I ate way to much food after that blunt...hurting now..

it was good strong oil. I think the batch i made from 99% iso was smoother though.

But the recipes I found for acetone hash called for 3 hours of soaking to a week of soaking where as iso is just a quick wash.

I soaked mine in acetone for 5 hours smashing the mixture up once an hour. Probably got more impurities that way. Idk I'll get a bubble bag soon...