should i keep this iguana

Discussion in 'General' started by chevyboydurkee, Sep 9, 2011.

1. so a frind of mine gave me this iguana today and i love him but i dont know how agressive they are or any thing
    help me

2. Iguanas are chill, keep him.

3. Yea dude keep the fuck out of that lizzy.

4. are you prepared for its growth? iguanas can get large like 5 feet and they are also cold blooded

5. If you're prepared for the responsibility of an iguana then go for it

6. If you love him, keep him. Look up info or go to a pet store and ask them what you're going to need to have one as a pet. If you are going to like him for a month and then forget about him, let him go.

7. Yeah I second that. Don't go to a big chain though, go to a small reptile shop or something, and ask about it?

Did the friend give you a viv as well, or did he just hand over an iguana in a box?

8. you gotta get a heat lamp and cage...and a big one at that

9. my couisn had one that was like 5 feet feet she walked it witha aleash haha

10. It got out on me and scared my roomate

11. ^This.

Just give him greens and such, he'll be your bro. Google Iguana care, that might help as well.

12. lets see some photos

13. Let him go? lol what would the outlook be for a domestic, tropical lizard released into the wild.... on September 9, presumably in the northern hemisphere? :D

14. wild iguanas are a pretty big problem where i live! so are peacocks... those birds are more annoying than someone with a rooster... and i have a neighbor with a rooster :(

15. #15 thelizardkin, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    I wish they would stop selling iguanas so often they get 5'+ and need a cage the size of a room

Edit dont let it go it is a instant death sentence and if doesn't die it will become a pest and hurt native populations also it makes these animals illegal for us hobbyists

16. dudeee keep that shittt!

my bearded dragon is more laid back then me when im high and lazy as fuck....plus you can just smoke and chill out with them. there entertaining as fuck... keep it!!!

17. My dad had one years ago. As was said they grow to 4+ feet.

I remember him telling me how it bit his hand till you could see the bone and how it would snap the end of its tail off every few months and spray blood all over the room.

Call a zoo or something and they should be able to tell you where to take it where it can be properly cared for.

Most people like small animals (like kittens and puppies) but you need to be able to take care of them when they are full grown. And if you can't you have the responsibility to give the animal to someone who can.

18. Used to have one that was about a foot long he just roamed my house like if he was a dog... climbing my curtains and such he loved oranges... R.I.p. julio

19. Ill get pics up soon

20. Iguana's are chill little erm, big lizards man. Keep the dude. It's the youngins you gotta watch for man, they can be mean little bastards when they're young.