Should i keep the lights on?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ShadyLurker, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Should i keep the lights on 24/7 after it grows out of the soil?...... or is it in the vegative stage then?...

2. High there, once she breaks the soil she is a seedling not yet vegging. You can go with 24/0 or 18/6 and keep the lights close.

Good luck

3. No, any MJ plant will be in vegetative growth until she starts to flower, by definition.

4. Well I aint going to argue with Mr. C, Ive read some of his post and he knows much much more than me about MJ plants.

I guess it makes sense but she is a very young veggy so don't feed her for a while and look after her.

Good luck

5. Anywhere from 18/6 to 24/0 will get the job done. It may grow a little faster with 24/0 but you also use more electricity. I also read somewhere(a long time ago) that roots grow faster with the lights off. And yes, once you see a seedling you are in vegetative growth. You hear some people separate seedling growth from vegetative growth...don't let them confuse you. In the simplest terms, once a seed is germinated there are only two stages of growth, vegetative and flowering. Good luck.​

6. ok thanks everyone for the tips....im gona keep the lights on 24/0 for the first 2 weeks then cut back and hour a day down to 18/6. but i am concerned about the roots growth.

7. i havent heard about the rootgrowth being slowed. it might use more power but getting 30% more growth is worth it cos you get to flower them sooner. you get closer nodes for when you start flowering, meaning longer and thicker colas