Should i just give up?????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jayjay5396, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Dam!!!! looks like a FAILED AGAIN!!!

had this unknown strain for about 5-6 month she started to grow the female hairs about 15 weeks ago but then she started losing her leaf.

Now she has hardly any leaf left some of them hairs are going brown and there's nothing i can really call skunk on it just lots of hairs very little leaf i don't know if im just wasting time keeping it??

here it is (should i cut down)

Attached Files:

2. Im not an expert but kinda looks like you let it go to long. Looks like it's reveging with all that fox tailing going on. Ive never heard of a strain flowering for 15 weeks even outdoors..

3. #3 jayjay5396, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    i have only kept it that long because i cant see anything i would call skunk well not the stuff i go and buy from dealer there's not even much of a smell.

how do i tell if its dead or alive???

does growing skunk look a lot different to harvested skunk???

can you see skunk on it??

EXTRA INFO: A friend just told me to hang on to it she thinks its a PH problem

4. green = alive. brown = dead. Lol
    Anyways, 15 weeks is a LONG time; and if that were a 16 week strain it'd be nearly done. Letting it finish now would only lead to problems with dying shit; already leaves and buds are being killed off by the plant. I'd harvest it and make some hash; qwiso or bubble. Next grow check that your space is completely dark during dark hours, NO light whatsoever. And grab a pH meter.

Cut off any brown if you want to let it go longer; I see some dead buds which may lead to bud rot later on.

5. yeah think thats where i went wrong, i got LED lights and tried to make a compartment in the HPS room but light was escaping.

now i have removed the LEDs about 3weeks ago but that maybe too late i dunno am no expert, shes always been on 12/12 since seed so maybe the LED fucked her up

6. Jayjay, your plant is ready for harvest buddy. It has been for a few weeks now. Chop her and start curing, here is a post for ya to read: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

Marijuana isn't like a lot of plants you buy at the store. There is a lot of variety even in-between strains. You can grow three plants from one mother that all look, smell, and grow differently. Most likely the Skunk smell will come around in the curing process (check the link above) if that was a property of the parent genetics.

7. ^ I'm sorry but if you grow a red tomato you will get a red tomato. and If you grow Northern lights, you'll harvest northern lights; this'll be different from say, Lemon Skunk. But variety within the same strain? Only with an unstabilized cross using seeds. If you grow three plants from one mother, they should all grow, look, and smell the same if in the same conditions..

Can I ask what about his plant is telling you its finished flowering?

8. #8 jayjay5396, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    theres nothing to harvest!!!!!!!!! have you seen my photos?

Edit:
    ohh ok i was wrong there is skunk on it comparing my pics with them pics on link it looks the same

9. its still got lots of white hairs just one or 2 turning brown i dont know how it can survive with no leaf. i might get something off it but it not gonna be enough 1/4 ounce maybe

10. I was talking about seed generations, which have genetic variation unless they were inbred for several generations. Not mothers and their clones.

The number of crowns or foxtails, loss of leaves late into flowering, and it being 15 weeks into flowering. What about this plant is telling you its NOT finished? Some plants will not stop pumping out white hairs, but instead produce the foxtails/crowns, which are also a sign of the plant being ready.

11. I must be misjudging the size of the plant in the picture, can you take a picture with something next to it for scale?

12. #12 jayjay5396, Feb 7, 2012

i can measure it?????????

Measurements:
    full plant: 47 inches tall .......... 21 inches wide

13. So its nearly 4 feet tall and almost 2 feet wide. Thats a good sized plant my friend. You're getting more than a quarter ounce off the plant, easy. :bongin:

I stand by my earlier post. Chop it and enjoy.

14. [quote name='"qualitysense"']

So its nearly 4 feet tall and almost 2 feet wide. Thats a good sized plant my friend. You're getting more than a quarter ounce off the plant, easy. :bongin:

I stand by my earlier post. Chop it and enjoy.[/quote]

Yea I had a 2.5 footer yeild 15 grams dry lol didn't top or train or anything.... just let it grow haha

15. #15 1sttimegrower, Feb 7, 2012
    I know plants in late flower can foxtail and produce a new set of white pistils when mature, but this doesn't look like that to me. The buds are too immature, I see no brown pistils whatsoever really; calyxs are TINY and not frosty and not at all prominent on the bud sites. To me it looks like severe light leak during dark stages with a plant that was not exposed to leaks earlier, or just can't rough the leaks. Looks like it kept wanting to flower but never got the conditions to really mature. If shes on 12/12 since seed though, plus the leaks, it could be that 12/12 in maturity now isn't enough to stimulate full flowering? I believe there was a thread on this to correct the cycles to stimulate flowering for a plant that wasn't flowering; if you do a search you should find it.

For me, the signs telling you that its ready are just signs of distress from the plant; crowns/foxtails from the stress from light leaks, dying leaves from nutrient depletion/lockout. 15 weeks is a long time yes, but under the wrong conditions some plants just will never finish.

However, even while immature, I wouldn't say to not harvest it; letting it finish now may take a while troubleshoot and then you can get problem as older buds begin to die off; not worth the electrical bill IMO. I'd just begin anew with some new plants, or take cuttings off this girl and try and root them, with a better environment.

16. i topped it at 5weeks old and started to produce hairs all over the place around 7weeks old but by the time she got to 12 weeks she started look unhealthy leaves dying or going yellow i have never cut her down because i've never been convinced that there is smokable skunk on it.

when i buy weed its not hairs that i buy its well bud what i see on plant is just 100s of white hairs a couple are brown and there's very small green bits on branches and just a little bit of a smell but it smells nasty not a very nice smell that's for sure n i usually love the smell of it think this plant gonna make me sick

17. [/QUOTE]take cuttings off this girl and try and root them, with a better environment.[/QUOTE]

sorry but i have read about this part you cant clone a flowering plant i mean look at it every branches even the very very bottom branches have hairs none of them can be considered cuttings there is no leaf you need new growing cuttings to have any luck at all

18. Well...

It is hard to tell from those pictures. I wish I could see it in real life, but here's my two cents -

I think the plants are past done. I believe I am seeing really loose bud colas. I think the reason for the buds looking like they do is because of the LED lighting. I have seen plants produce like that (if that is what I am seeing in the photo) because they didn't receive enough light intensity in flower.

Cut off a little, trim it up, dry it, smoke it, and see if it is done.

19. take cuttings off this girl and try and root them, with a better environment.[/QUOTE]

sorry but i have read about this part you cant clone a flowering plant i mean look at it every branches even the very very bottom branches have hairs none of them can be considered cuttings there is no leaf you need new growing cuttings to have any luck at all[/QUOTE]

Actually you CAN clone a flowering plant; they produce some of the best clones too. The revege makes auxins be pretty even throughout and you get a nice even growth from several nodes at each bud site. Why wouldn't you be able to? I've cloned plants in flowering, although not at 15 weeks haha; give it a shot if you cant get new seeds/clones.

20. #20 jayjay5396, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    ive got female seed 12 of them 2 nyc and 10 sour diesel already growing one nyc now 2 left of them ones, gonna start a sour diesel off once this adult plant makes its mind up then Veg new plants 24hrs under LED.

i really dont know how you can clone a dying plant its not strong enough even repotting could finish it off

ohh and the LED wasnt its main source of light i just got them a few weeks back it is under HPS always has been, i just tried have separate compartments in the same closet but didnt work light was escaping so i removed the LED now its still under hps and getting 12hrs of dark

thanks guys your giving me hope :)