should i just give up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenisgod, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I grew a couple plants, had quite a few problems along the way, but anyways its now 2 months into flowering and it still doesnt seem like they are done... theres a few decent buds here and there, however fairly small in size, but now it seems like theres some beautiful ones just starting. is it normal for buds to grow at such different rates. i had some ph problems that i didnt realize, untill just last week, its now fixed, but is it too late? will my buds get bigger or am i just hoping for something that wont come? the trichomes are mostly all cloudy white, ive seen no amber ones.. and the calyx's are all white on some buds, most brown on others.. have i just fucked up these plants or should i give them more time.. growing with cfls,

2. What I would do is just keep watching. Don't give up. If you find some completely finished and others not, flush for the ones that are ready. Chop those branches only then continue your grow with the unfinished buds. Good luck man. Hope I could help just a little. Never give up though. It is a beautiful plant and a plant in general is beautiful. Don't give up on her!

3. Thanks man, thats what i needed to hear.

4. Yeah never give up on your girls. Just because it says 8 weeks to flower that doesn't necessarily mean it will be exactly 8 weeks especially if your using cfl's.
    My grow takes 11-13 weeks to fully flower but I'm expecting at least 15 so I'm not disappointed when 13 weeks are up and they are still not done.
    Keep an eye on the trichs and as dnk said just flush an chop the good ones an keep that girl growing till the slower growing buds are done.

5. Hi greenisgod,
    I'm assuming your a newbie grower just like I am (3rd grow just started) & and you shouldn't give up. I thought growing was going to be easier than it actually is. I read for a year before I popped my first seeds & actually studied the process during that time figuring that the more knowledge I had prior to beggining the better off I'd be. I was right in that respect but ran into nothing but problems. Not only didn't I have the answers I didn't know what the questions were.
    There are so many varibles in growing, from strain to to growing style to medium to equipment to nutes etc. the issues seem to be endless. But I can guarantee you that a couple grows in as you gain experience the process begins to sort itself out & the questions come easier & the possible answers fewer.
    My first grow which I had to chop a couple of weeks early because of a persistant mold problem that I couldn't get a handle on was in retrospect pathetic, lol, but smokeable.
    My second grow while not commercial grade was actually pretty good & I'm expecting great things from my current run which should be ready in late May.
    Since I started last June I've changed the room layout & equipment, changed the nutes & schedule & found a strain I like. Not altogether unexpected as I was warned this would happen.
    The one thing I found out that I didn't expect was I love growing pot especially when someone fires up my product & a smile comes across their face it just tickles the shit out of me.
    You can't pay money to get that kind of enjoyment out of doing something.
    One of the great things is GC & the help that's available from good hearted people.

So, no, don't give up, hang in there, it will come your way.
    Cheers,
    bruce:D

6. thanks for the uplifting advice everyone. and no i wont give up, im finally starting to figure things out. i finally got a real 400w hps for my next try, im going to try do 2-3 plants under it. hopefully all will go well this time. i need to get a better camera so i can post pics and shit.