Should I Have Waited??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FLYIN HIGH, Jun 10, 2014.

1. So I was filling up my car petrol, the pump started to cut out at $48.70 but I push it to an exact $50, I do this quite often and the reason for this is when I go inside to pay I won't wait in the long line! I'll walk straight up to the counter and say in a very firm and assertive voice " $50 on pump number 6, thank you" and then just walk out.

On this particular occasion a man behind the counter yells out " HEY COME BACK HERE"!!

To which I turn around and say "no need I've already paid"

He answers back " well I don't accept it" and throws it on the floor for me to pick up.

I then look back at him and said "up to you" walked out got in my car and drove off.

As I was walking out he was saying out loud how rude and arrogant I was to the other customers.

What's his problem?
    I didn't ask for a receipt
    I owed $50 I paid $50
    I said thankyou.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes you should wait or pay at the pump. Hell pay before you pump then walk to your car and pump 50. Then drive off. People wait in line and that doesn't help with the flow of things if the cashier has to remember 50 on 6 after dealing with 5 other pumps from those actually waiting in line.

• Like Like x 1

sorry...your post will have to wait in line....we have important people to respond to that were here first.. so you lesser beings will have to wait for a human:: brought to you by the handy dandy auto-responder9000

• Like Like x 3
  4. 1. obtain a credit card or a debit card
    2. figure out the concept of lines 
    3. be respectful to others. just 'cause you had $50 and no change, doesn't give you a privilege of service over someone who is waiting to buy something for $7.84.

5. You mean you get to pay after you pump the gas? Here in Calif. we have to pay before or else the attendant will not turn on the pump.

6. As a petrol station cashier myself I say that cashier was a dick an u can leave the owed amount, he can put it to the side... Sure he ain't gna forget wen thers 50 nxt to the till an 50 on till screen..... Actually prefer it as it keeps the cue dwn .... Go bak an do it again hahahah

Scouser!

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's completely disrespectful haha, I would've just kept your $50 if you said that shit to me:p

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 FLYIN HIGH, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    Then you would have been charged with stealing from your employer, and it would go on your record forever.
    Me on the other hand, I didn't break any laws!

• Like Like x 1
  9. That cashier is an idiot and very bad at customer service.  I do the exact same thing you do and never have any problems for obvious reasons.  You did exactly what you should have done, maybe that cashier will realize that what he did was stupid.  Do the same thing next time.

10. @[member="FLYIN HIGH"] - You got balls and I love you.  I want to do that every time but I stand in line like the other sheeple.  You did nothing wrong.  It's only rude and arrogant if you are uptight and stuck up.

A good cashier could multitask process that in between current and next customer.

You paid 50, you owed 50 good day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 IllestVillain, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    lol I wouldnt authorize the pump for your ass.

Hey thanks for the $50 dude, have fun waiting for the pump to let you fill hahah.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. So by your logic as long as everyone tosses up the exact amount on the counter, there is no need for a line.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. ^ isn't that the whole idea of a transaction?  People always making small chat slowing stuff down.  Literally on Saturday I went to get gas and stood in line because an old guy was 'catching up' with the cashier.  I had to wait because I was using debit and needed a lighter. 

Nothing wrong with walking in and dropping 'x' amount of money on the counter, providing a cashier is there an see you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Since your money wasn't accepted because you didn't wait in line like the rest of society does, I would have taken your money. But first id be the guy in line that pulled you back. When that happens the person is embarrassed while at the back of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. ^ Exactly

16. I had already filled up then went to pay so he couldn't do shit other than bitch about it!!

Sounds a lot like a case of missing balls syndrome. 

"Excuse me, I am in a rush. Do you mind checking me out quick?"

So was this MBS? Or did you speak up and then she completely ignored you? If so this was very rude on her part and you should have asked to speak to the manager in charge. 

18. I would have spoke up but the guy was paying for his stuff.  Grabs a quarter tells story about his daughter getting married, pulls out a nickel, thinks its a quarter, explains how quarters and nickels look a like.  I would not have been able to speak up without sounding like a dick, I also was not in a rush.  This is also the reason you carry cash and 'cut' the line put on counter and walk away.

Can a counter take possession of currency though? Does the counter know that the currency you put down correctly matches the amount of currency you owe? We both know thats impossible. So before you walk away, I must consciously look at the amount of currency you put down on the inanimate object we call a counter.

Heres the dilemma. The cashier was already with another paying customer. 

20. Well you do you, I will do me.  Clearly we are not thinking about the same situations.