Should I harvest or wait?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by david8374, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I'm not sure whether I should harvest my ladies (4x Dinafem Critical Jack, switched to 12/12 nearly 45 days ago) already or wait. In general, I like having more cloudy than amber trichomes, so I get more THC than CBN.

When I look at the trichomes, I think "better harvest now, before too much trichomes turn amber", when I look at the buds, I think "they still have time". But then I think, possibly because of the very low wattage I use (125W LED), the buds will never look like this:

http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/growweedeasy.com/files/sparkly-trichome-cola1200.jpg
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/growweedeasy.com/files/original-amnesia-ready-to-harvest.jpg

What do you think?

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 09.17.55.png Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 09.19.02.png Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 09.22.32.png Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 09.21.18.png IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1178.jpg IMG_1174.jpg

2. Not ready, there's a lot of clear and no other signs it's even close to being ready. You will be severely dissapointed at this point

• Like Like x 4
  3. It's really easy to get an inaccurate view of trichromes...some are older then others and will be amber while new trics are still clear. It's pretty easy to see what you want to see.

I always go by the over all look of the buds and the pistils. Forget the trics for a second and just compare the bud pics....looking at your pics they look almost ready to flush in about a week. They're still full of white hairs and the calyxes aren't even swollen yet. Your plant still has a lot of weight to put on, and alot of ripening to do. That's pretty easy to see without ever using a microscope. ...alternatively the growesy pics you linked are full of orange (ripe) hairs...calyxes are swollen and look very ripe overall.

I generally start my flush when I see about 25% orange hairs...then about 10 days or more of flushing and the rest turn orange and ripen as well...this is when all the weight is put on and when the colors or smells will come out also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you! So I will wait how they develop and hope the swell as much as on above linked images:) Here are some better bud-pics.

IMG_1186.jpg IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg IMG_1192.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Update from today...
    IMG_1212.jpg IMG_1214.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks like it's gonna be a real tasty smoke bro!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I hope those aren't the big buds. There's a ton of trimming there and hardly any bud. It still has time to go, for your sake I hope they go awhile and plump up.

8. Definitely :)

I think there won't be many fat buds, cause I only use a 125W LED (Purple Alien 2.0) and I topped all of the plants to have more bud sites.

Here's an update from today. What do you think? Should I soon start to flush?

IMG_1261.jpg IMG_1259.jpg IMG_1256.jpg IMG_1258.jpg IMG_1262.jpg

9. It's getting close but you still have time. Just cut off nutes and let the plant use up what's in the soil. That takes place of flushing. Flushing only removes salts and access nutrients from the soil.

That's a very small light for 2 decent sized plants. A light like that is more for a single small plant or a micro grow. That would explain the small buds. Your yeild probably wouldn't have been much different from 1 small plant. You would just end up with larger buds and less trimming. Unless you're OK with smoking harsh leaves it's going to be a bitch trimming those. It's going to be dissapointing with what's left if you trim well. I don't even mess with trimming popcorn buds, straight to hash

10. #10 david8374, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Thx for your input, killset. Actually it's 4(!) plants! Every plant in a 2 gallon root pouch.

About the harsh smoke: I usually only vape, in the past I had no problem with harshness when vaping the leaves as well, most of them cointain trics anyway.

But yeah, next time I will look to have less plants or a stronger light.

11. 4 plants under that light, no wonder your buds are small. Often people think more plants mean more yeild but that's just not so. You're equipement limitations and set up greatly influences the outcome.

12. #12 david8374, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    I have observed that the buds still swell, especially when I hang the light a bit closer. So I decided to
    try an experiment. I will now put a HPS in there to give the plants a "final boost".

13. dude its been an eternity since you been on lol your threads in past years were awesome

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 david8374, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    harvest...or wait?

Attached Files:

15. Growin first time so don't know what to look for. Read something about let it grow til it starts dying Is that bs? And if trichs go mostly Amber how's the smoke on that? Last question lol how'd u get closeup pic my pics crap

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app