Should i harvest my plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PolyPlastic, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I think it might be time but i really wanted a second opinion since it's my first grow.

Attached Files:

2. Clear trichs not ready, cloudy trichs are peak potency and amber trichs the THC is degrading and will give a more groggy couchlock buzz. Your call.

3. #3 Guest, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Give her about a week and she'll swell up a bit, maybe darken up the pistils.  How are the trick's? How far into flowering are you?

4. This is the 5th or 6th week into flowering

5. Im pretty sure your pistils arent dark enough. From what ive gathered you want over 50% dark pistils and cloudy trichs. Im gonna go 1 whole week of complete darkness before harvest. Its supposed to scare your girl into producing more crystals. Good luck!

6. Pistils aren't a proper indicator and since they don't contain the cannabinoids they can be ignored.

A dark period can benefit certain strains but 7 days is a bit much. 2-3 at most.

Some people like amber trichs for the couchy buzz. If I want that kind of ride ill just grow a heavy indica and take her at peak potency.

7. Not ready yet. Give it at least 7 weeks if not 8-9.  Your pistils haven't receded along with trich color.  Take a look at the harvesting section to get a more accurate idea of when to harvest.

8. Hey pirate, i have white widow, og hero, bc god bud and lemon kush. Any idea which would benefit from the lengthy dark period before harvest? Thanks

9. 4-5 weeks flowering is nowhere near enough..give it at least 8-9. (Depending if there autoflowers or not) if so about 6-8.

10. You got alot of potency and denceness to come yet.

11. The widows for sure... I'd try the kush as well.

You're going to think I'm shit outta my mind but if you dont plan on revegging them, one day after you go dark bring some water to a boil, same amount or more of the volume of your container and run it through the pot. This kills the roots and begins the fermentation (curing) process. This cuts down on actual drying time and begins the lactic fermentation that is necessary to purge the plant of the chlorophyl, which is responsible for shitty tasting weed.

12. None, old wives tale, harvest soon after first light for best terpenes.

PW

13. Opinions vary.

14. Agreed. Ill give it a shot. I have no intentions of re-veging