Should i grow outside in Puerto rico?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crayc, Feb 24, 2011.

1. I am confused, i had my short rider autoflower growing the first 2 weeks outside and it was not growing much, i think i overwatered and stressed them when i transplanted them a week in. So i read that i should bring them inside and put cfl's on them because they won't be able to grow under 12 hours of light here in puerto rico.

So I had them for 2 weeks inside under 3 cl's. The growth rate is very slow. SHould i just put them right back outside?

2. any one care to give an opinion on this please

3. If it's a true autoflower then it should not care aboute it's lighting hours.

You want to water your soil when it's dry, Wich can vary depending on temp, plant height, pot size and soil mixture. You can add parilite to your soil to hold moisture longer.

I just went on a surf trip to PR gotta love those empinatas! And all the free mushroom :D sometimes you can find them on the side of the road.

4. thanks for replying. mushroom on the road? i never checked the road lol just moved here 6 months ago, the surf is great in rincon. So if i get a non autoflower plant can i still grow that outside. I mean dont they grow in Jamaica all year long outside.

5. #5 chronicon, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
    Well there has to be poop there of course :rolleyes:

I was talking to a guy while I was there and he said you can grow photoperiod plants but the problem is sometimes it takes forever to start flowering. I would try it but if the plant gets too big for your liking I would stick to autoflowers, there perfect to grow year round couse they arnt too picky about there lighting situation.

He aslo said you can't grow eggplant cuz the bees won't spread the pollen.

My dad just got back from PR today, I'm craving those pressed sandwiches, oh my god I'm hungry.

6. if it gets too big i can always do the lst thing. What press sandwiches? is that not called a panini, just take a heavy frying pan and squish your sandwich with it as it is cooking. instant pothead panini.

I will be ordering some kush strains and will try to do a sea of green

7. Belive me I have tried and faild many times to re create those sandwiches and they just never turn out the same. There still pretty good though.

Hell ya on tha Kush strains, I just took four clones off a "sweet deep grapefruit" free seed. The mother looked amazing! You can tell it's good stable genetics, it's got an even Christmas tree formation and the branches are almost beating the top!

I also have a good amount of "Himilayn blue diesel" seeds that I pollinated myself. They are pretty stable but some are way better than others. And I have one "Cole train" free seed, I've heard good things aboute this one.

Well good luck to your grow, pretty soon I'll start throwing up some pics of mine hopefully you can do tha same :D (if u want)

8. hey im from puerto rico too from where do u order ur seeds??

9. attitude seeds online

10. How do they arrive bcuz I want to order sum

11. they do it discreetly. they have options on how you want it

12. Oo ok wer are u located in PR I'm in bayamon

13. Pig "Puerco" alert.