should i grow or not?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Godly smoker, Jul 25, 2011.

1. #1 Godly smoker, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
    Ok first off I do live with my mom, I am 18 and I am in no position to move out right now.

I want to have a little stealth hydroponics grow in my closet. I have the money and need to save money on weed. Also this would just be for personal use, I don't want to sell. She use to toke aswell when she was in college. My mom has never asked if I toke. But I think she knows I do. So my question is should I grow secretly? And cover up every aspect, this was my first plan. Or should I tell her I smoke and ask if I could grow? Or should I just keep getting ripped off on the street with or with out telling her? Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice is appercepated!

2. Personally, I would tell her you smoke, and ask if you could grow. If she is cool with smoking, she most likely wont flip out about that. Growing , if she objects to it the reaction will be much less bad if posed as a hypothetical question rather than a surprise, either found by her or cops.

Also, it is her house. Now that I am a bit older I think that bears a large amount of due respect. Depending on what area you are in, a busted grow room can result in the home being taken. Now I am sure you would step up and claim the responsibility but that wont necessarily detract an overzealous local government from taking her house.

Think about the possible negative repercussions, and honestly ask yourself if you would want someone hiding a grow in your house.

3. ive had to move home again due to some problems ive had and i had to quit growing.

i moved back in with my mum and she knew i smoked anyways (has no problem with it atall aslong as i keep my life on track!)

i asked her could i grow in my bedroom closet, and she was fine with it! i told her its expensive to buy weed, and what i spend on one ounce in england (£200-250) i could set up a stealth grow and grow LOTS more than that. i also said that street dealers spray weed with dangerous chemicals and shit, so i wanted to avoid this and waste money. and my final point was, i dont want to deal with shady characters for it and maybe get attacked or robbed.

it is her house, so she will be the one who gets in the shit if it gets found! so ask her permission. sit down and have a chat to her properly about everything and things may work out :)

growing behind her back is disrespectful, and she deserves to know what goes on in her house regardless :D (didnt mean that to sound dickish if it did :eek::p)

just reassure her, i sat down with my mum and explained the concept of a carbon filter so that she knew there would be zero smell from the plants and everything would be discreet.

best bet is to be open with her and respect her decision from there :)

good luck

4. great advise bigjay

5. Thanks you guys. I am going to tell her then ask her down the road. And all advice was great, not dickish at all :)

Should I weave it into a regular conversation? Or just tell her? Tahnks again! This really helps

6. Also you could find a spot outdoors to grow.

7. ??
    Tell her then ask her later? Ask her now.

If you want to grow in your parents' house, do so only with their explicit consent and permission. This is a serious topic, deserving of its own conversation, so I would not just slip it in to the middle of some other discussion. First think it through -- think of what you are going to say, think of what her objections might be and how you will address them. She may not say yes, but you have the best chance by demonstrating a responsible and mature approach to what you want to do. Tell her why you want to grow (expensive to buy, buying might fund terrorists), tell her about the limits you will set for yourself (restricted number of plants, no selling, no telling), tell her about the safety precautions you are taking (electrical design, etc). Show her that you are deserving of her respect, and you just might earn it.

8. But wouldn't it be better for her to find out by me instead of finding it even if she does not let me grow? :(

And how risky is going to a area lto grow?

9. Its all to do with how well you know your mother. If you know she doesn't go to certian places on your property you could concider growing there. If she doesnt go in the back shed for example you could set up a small system there.

Or if she never goes up into the attic (top of the house) you could go set up in there. Although that would be a bit dodgy. Mainly because electricians have to go up there to look at wires.

You have to really think this out before you do it. Alot of concideration is needed. You need to be sure. Dont go halfway through and decide you dont want to do it. Pick an answer.

10. Ight thanks man. Also I don't think she will let me grow but I will ask her. Wish me luck lol

Happy toking

11. report back to us when you ask her. Good luck man

12. Tell her you smoke and if it's self medicating why, let that settle in. Then ask to grow and explain why, price, risks, etc. I have wicked social anxietys and come across as schetchy, creepy, suspiscous, so "grownups" (I am 33) peg me for a narc when I try and score at the bar, etc so I have to buy off teenagers. Theres a million reasons why that sucks. I know who's gonna get hung out to dry if the law/parents rolls up and ask why I'm hanging around with kids half my age, I don't want to be "that guy". I told my anti drug parents how pot make my life more livable and enjoyable and how I don't want to look at my 6yo sons classmates and try and guess who I'm gonna buy my weed from in 10 years. I agreed to keep them informed of my plant count, progress, and locations and not to sell it (been there done that it sucks anyway), and they've turned their opinion right around. They encourage my efforts now and my Mom even likes to show off my lst'd bush on her deck to her "cool" freinds and tells me how pretty it is, and Dad bought my dirt. Your results may vary, good luck.

13. GC does not condone growing in ur parents house without consent..
    Niether do most of the members here... If you admit to doing so I will ban you..
    So if you can man up and talk to her then wait till you have your own place.

14. A friend of mine went Micro in a large PC enclosure so he could remove it easily. But I'd still get her approval. It's not easy to keep it on the low down you end up wanting to be with them.:hide:

15. Scab, do you live with your parents and you six year old son?

16. #16 Godly smoker, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I am not growing without her knowing. I started this thread for advice, now I will ask her if I can, after I tell her I smoke.

17. Wise choice...I am sure it is tempting to just go ahead and do it, but you made the correct choice by talking to her. And like some people said, have your points already figured out. Know what you are going to say and hopefully all will go well. If not, outdoor grow or wait are your options. But I hope it goes well for you.

18. Hey guys so I told my mom after I showed her the union and she flipped out and wanted my pipes and bud. She also said I don't want you smoking at all if your living in my house. So this sucks and I am going to try to get a mmj card. Thanks for all the advice tho guys!

19. good thing you told here early, rather than waiting to see her reaction to a grow.

20. dam man that sucks. did you give her the pipe and bud?