Should I go with Wood or Metal Grow Box?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SoillessMix, Nov 20, 2009.

1. I'm wanting to build a wooden box OR either buy a metal cabinet for a grow box. I have previous grow experience with a 400 watt HPS in a 3.5'x3.5' closet but that was in another state and place.

I am legal, but still want to be stealthy as possible as I live in a mobile park. I have a CanFan 5" hi output fan with the CanFilter 9000 which worked well in my old closet. I don't even have a closet now so I have to make or buy a grow box.

I'm not using my 400 watt HPS, I just ordered a 250 watt HPS Galaxy electronic ballast and I'm only going with a 2' wide x 3' wide grow space. Before when I grew I always grew from seeds and this time around I'm going to get into clones. I'm sticking with soiless mix and perlite as I have experience with it and always done good with it.

Maybe someone could post some links to pictures of home built grow boxes or maybe some office supply metal cabinets.

2. I considered a metal grow box myself since you could definitely make a very stealthy box using a metal filing cabinet. The problem is that you need to be able to cut a lot of holes into it for ventilation and wiring, which can be a real problem if you don't have the correct tools.