Should I go to college or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by Antacids, Jun 19, 2008.

1. I have a bank account set up for me to go to college, now I can either use it for college and continue living at home, or I can use the money and move into my own apartment.

I really don't think I would make it in college, and if I have my own place I can just work and smoke weed all day.

2. Go to fucking college. Trust me. Go to motherfucking college! It may suck havin to go to class n shit but it sucks even more when the real world kicks you in the nuts and you realize the hard way that there's next to NO money to be made without a degree. Trust me, man.

3. QFT. Do yourself a favor and go to college, man. Unless you want to live paycheck to paycheck for the rest of your live working a shitty job that you hate. If you want to that, then by all means go ahead.

4. AGAIN, GO TO FUCKING COLLEGE.

It's bullshit. Look for jobs on careerbuilder.com and see what kinda job you can get with no degree, and no work experience. You won't get even a halfway decent job.

I think most of it is bullshit. You can't even be a manager in an Applebees or a Friadays without a bachelors degree.

GO TO COLLEGE.

5. It's been said, but just for another head count.
    Higher education is a must.

6. Yea, you should go to college to at least see if it's for you. College is not for everybody though. But it's worth it in the end.

If you don't go to college you have to be really creative and work your way up the hard way.

7. GO TO SCHOOL. You will not regret it. I knew many students that would have killed to have money set aside for school than having to pay that off. Even then, that degree is well worth it. The salary bracket alone when comparing college grad to high school grad is astronomical. Having a college degree opens up the floor to climb the corporate ladder. Having a high school degree will allow you to climb the part time ladder to maybe....lets say mcdonalds manager. Your choice. You can use the money for a degree and set a goal to get PAID and have a continuous income, or have a limited budget to blow on nothing. Then what??

Now if you want to specialize in an industry, then do that; i.e. uti, itt, devry, etc.

Good luck and really think about your choice. Its your future and that alone should get the ball rolling.

8. Are u seriously asking if you should go to college or sit at home and smoke weed ALL DAY.

9. First off, you have to ask a forum? Yes, you should, it is a more open-minded atmosphere than what you find in the public school system. Really, go to college, it is a lot easier to get jobs that pay good wages.

10. Also, the college experience is one that you could never explain. Its different for everyone. You learn a lot of text; at the same time you learn a lot about yourself.

11. your mom goes to college...

seriously though, let me play devils advocate for a second and say that college is just another way to indoctrinate and assimilate the masses. It's an extension of aristocracy and the upper class. i think its STILL POSSIBLE to do something without college, but you have to be the type of person that can survive the world without assimilating, but those people are few and far between. that being said, i think you should go to college. I wanna be a writer, and i highly doubt i could have any kind of influence in the world unless i get some sort of degree and knowlege even if its not in writing. If you can teach yourself and help yourself, you dont need college... but i think that road is alot longer, alot, so why not take a short cut to the same ends? do what you feel is right for you, but they are all mostly right, MOST things are NEAR impossible to do without a degree

12. fuck no! screw the institutions! BREAK FREE!!!

nah unless you got a better plan, you gotta go

13. I suggest you go to school.

The cost of living is rising everyday, and a college degree would help your chances of surviving in this world.

14. Get some sort of training, get some sort of skills so you can make a living.

My husband makes mad money and has no degree. But he spent four years in the Airforce learning a trade.

15. fuk it man skoolz 4 loosers
    :smoking: go to school and enjoy the experience bro.

16. I didn't even read your post, just the title. Don't be a dumbass, just go to fucking school and pass.

17. Seriously. It's not that hard, and you learn a lot of valuable life experiences in college.

18. Well I've just been going through a weird time and I just want to be happy in life.

Having my own place now would kinda let me just spread my wings and chill.

Now going to college an getting a job would just be feeding myself into something I hate. I hate that the world revolves around money, if you don't have money your life sucks. Money actually does buy happiness in the world we live in.

I don't know I just want to get by in life being my own person or be a slave to a job I will hate that won't really give me free time.

Im going to college, I mean if a bunch of stoners are telling to go I guess I'll go. thx

19. Well you're always going to kind of be a slave