SHould i go stemless?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SeanDiesel, May 12, 2010.

1. It's not just THAT ONE stemline.
    Lookit mine!! :smoking:

[​IMG]

2. Just ordered mine off ALT a couple days ago since I couldn't find one at a LHS. I can't freaking wait as it's the first piece of nice glass I've ever owned (and the first step to a slippery slope of spending my cash on glass!). Perfect way to end a semester and start off the summer.

3. #23 hippiemaster, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    My Luke Wilson 15arm bubbler shipped yesterday... can't freakin' wait for that one! It'll be my first LW piece other that the 3 DD slides of his I have.

And for the slippery slope thing... I owe MC a pretty good sum of money.

4. This is diffusion at it's greatest. How much do those tubes run? The engineering is absolutely perfect!

5. ^^^^^^ (i want to, but i'm not gonna quote the pic again)

sooooooooooo sick. if i ever go high end, it's gonna be stemless gridline for sure.

want want want

6. What's the difference between gridded and non-gridded??

7. Don't do it to me.l I just $1000 of my own money on glass this month already.

I'm supposed to sell glass not buy it.

8. so thats sick

but why in his milk vid it doesnt stack even close to that? why no milky bubbles?

9. what kind of glass have you been buying??

10. Gridlines and Stemlines are different, though I always confuse the two as well. I'm sure you meant stemline, but typed gridline. Just making sure you know the difference! Gridded stemlines, if I'm not mistaken, just means that it's braced to the tube, making it more secure. More stability.

As to the person who asked why the stacks are different, everyone pulls differently. I know that me personally, I pull really hard on tubes, but I've also been smoking out of a bong for several years. My girlfriend isn't able to pull nearly as hard as I can, so I know for a fact that she can't make that stemline stack like I do. Either way, stemlines are notorious bubble stackers, and I'll vouch for the fact that they fucking rock. SG is just top shelf glass, end of story.

11. Within a month I've bought: a Worked SYN full showercap, a worked Stone Glass Works full waffle, a vertigo 90 degree 6 arm a/c, an 18mm El Hefe worked ice pinch martini, 2 Ben Wilson 18mm slides and a Luke Wilson 15 arm bubbler.

12. HOLY FUCK!! Jealous i am!!! Where da pics at.

13. I don't know any benefits to having a stemless bong other than "you cant break what you don't have" I would just invest in a ROOR, they are made from tempered glass and are practically indestructible (I have knocked one off a table and it survived) or just get a VAPE...ITS BETTER FOR YOU :D

14. I've posted the SYN a few times. I know it's in the SYN Gallery thread.

As for the Worked SGW waffle, well, that and one Ben Wilson slide was purchased for a friend in a wheelchair. I didn't get any pics of it, but I did save the ALT pics.

The El Hefe slide, Vertigo a/c and Luke Wilson 15arm will be delivered sometime today, so pics are to come.:hello:

Oh, and don't be too jealous... I'm in a bit of CC debt because of it. C'est la vie.

15. Those saying that a diffuser tube offers more diffusion thatn a stemless have obviously never seen a SGW waffle, SYN showerhead, SG gridline, SG pillar, SG inverted 4-arm....

if you want excellent single chamber diffusion, you almost HAVE to go stemless.

16. this. stemline ftw!

17. Don't follow this guys advice. Seriously.

Stemless is definitely the way to go. Look at almost every production piece of some well known, top shelf glass companies. Sovereignty and Toro for example, I can't go out and say EVERY production piece is fixed stem, simply because I haven't seen everything. but a majority of what I have seen is fixed stem. It's the way to go man, for sure!!

18. i have a classic stemless... but i wouldnt go for one if i had the money back.

i would go for a stemless but with some better diffusion, disc diffusor or gridline or something

19. Ohhhhh.... my bad :eek: I understand now. Thanks man!

20. Thanks blades ! pic of the new mystery pick up coming soon.