Should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by sexysadie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Okay, so I met this guy months ago and we just really get along well. We were instantly and easily friends, but at the time he had a girlfriend. He would make random mention about the size of his package, his skills in bed, etc., which I tried to pay little attention to because he had a girlfriend and I'm not going to be "that girl."

Long story short, it's summer, we don't talk for a while, then things start to pick up again. Most of our conversations revolve/start off talking about reefer and branch off from there. I find out he's not dating his girl anymore and it's like the flood gates have opened for him. Lots of flirting, lots of "you should come visit me" (we live in different states), the whole 9 yards. And whatever, he clearly needs to get laid/get over his break up, so I understand.

Things started to get more intense the last couple of weeks, especially with some pretty heavy, x-rated sexting. I don't really know what to make of this. I don't really want to be the rebound girl because I don't want to ruin our friendship, because it is a REALLY good friendship. We all have/want that one person of the opposite sex to just chill the fuck out with, toke, have a good time, be serious if you want to, etc.

So I guess what I'm asking for is your guys' opinions, what do you think? Go for it? I mean it's getting kinda hard to turn down the dick, not gonna lie. But I'm also not trying to be the rebound/ruin anything. Should I hold off?

2. Never do anything that YOU don't want to.

But my moto: Go Big or go HOME.

So by all means babe go for it :D

3. It sounds like the friendship is likely ruined regardless of what you do here. He doesn't want to be friends, and (unless the guy is a complete doormat) friendship needs to two people to want it. He wants to fuck you and for you to be his rebound, if you don't want that, chances are he won't be interested in you anymore- at least until you come around.

Basically you're asking if you should friendzone this guy and will he be willing to remain there, which is impossible to predict without knowing him. I doubt it though just judging by forward you make him sound. I could definitely be wrong about that, maybe you two are totally compatible (in which case you should go ahead and date him) but I do know he's going to have some level of resentment for/boredom with you if you decline his advances. There are a lot of things in your post that lead me to believe he's not the least bit interested in maintaining a friendship with you, and you know that.

4. Im not to keen on your friendship with this guy, but if you want it go for it, life is short.

And it does sound like you guys have moved past 'just friends.'

If he finds another girl before you get a chance to visit, his sexting with you will tone down a bit.

Go get em tigeress ;)

5. Don't give it up too easily. One call and you're already running over there? Although this isn't what I would want, as a man, I think you should hold off for a while, if you want to have something more than meaningless sex with him, and I also think its the right thing to do.

6. Gut feelings rule in these situations.

7. go for it..he wants you..u want him..go for it

start off slow in the relationship sector..but if u see urself wanting to be with him..ask him..rebounds can become relationships on occasion without their being some resentment/jealousy/rejection issues that sometimes arise..

but yea go for it for sure..you wont regret it

8. #8 sexysadie, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010

There's a lot of truth to that, thanks for the response.

I'm not sure if he is entirely that "forward." I think, like any guy, he likes to take control sexually; that was obvious with the sexting. But we did happen to hang out recently (prior to the extreme sexting). We just blazed and I was really expecting him to make a move on me, especially because he was hinting at it all night. And he did, if you consider putting a hand on my leg for 30 minutes an actual move haha. I was honestly sitting there thinking "what the fuck, are we in 8th grade right now." It was strange. And I'm not sure if nothing happened because we were so fried, or if he was just apprehensive. I mean if he really wanted to fuck, wouldn't he have just taken advantage of the opportunity then?

Hahaha thanks, I honestly hope he finds another girl to get that initial rebound fuck off his chest.