Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I go back to smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FriedWheatGrass, May 16, 2019.

1. Hi fellow stoners. To cut to the shit, I’m 23, and I smoked daily for 5 years. Just as much as each of you, i fucking love weed, it’s great. But I’ve not had it in 2 years. The reason being is due to starting a new job (primarily) I wanted to be as clear minded as possible for each working day as I used weed each night. I became paranoid that my mind wouldn’t be as sharp, and to be honest, I’m doing great at work it’s a good opportunity, I don’t know if that’s from quitting. But god damn I miss weed, it’s so much pleasure to unwind and have a joint and reflect on life in a peaceful happy way. I make time for friends etc, but I love smoking at 8-9pm to feel good and sleep soundly. But I don’t know whether I should go back. I’m worried as all the negativity I’ve heard that weed messes productivity (I can’t hinder my chances at work, I can go far with this) and I’ve heard you aren’t at your full potential if you smoke every day. But today I’ve felt shitty and really craved a smoke, I just want an honest opinion from you guys (and gals). Does weed the night before work fuck up productivity (ie make you less sharp/forgetful/more indifferent to emotions of others) just want to do what’s right in life I guess. Thanks

2. *2 weeks not 2 years

3. Only you will know how it affects you. Do you feel it hampers your ability to function?

4. Perhaps I feel my short term memory is impacted, but I feel I could still be productive so long as I don’t smoke too heavily. Completed 50/50, I’m seriously indecisive it irks me a lot haha

5. Hasn't bothered me at all. I smoke usually around 7:30 PM, perhaps a few more tokes later that evening.
    Went back to college at age 45 picked up two more Assoc degrees with a 4.0 average.
    Am often called to be the lead on tricky projects.

All things in moderation.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  6. You're already doing well. Try growing your own

7. If your will to succeed at work is strong enough, a bit of weed won't stop you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I think you might be right, ah fuck it I’ll buy 3.5g tomorrow and enjoy the weekend, that didn’t take much. Thanks guys

9. I hear a lot of "I heard this.." in your post. I really don't think cannabis has to have a negative impact on your life. That is up to you. I see nothing wrong with coming home from a hard day work to take a few puffs of herb and just relax.

I personally wouldn't get baked all day long, because that could impact you productively (depending on your situation) Buy a little and give it a try, see how it works for you. It's not like it is going to get you hooked and you will not be able to stop. You sound like you got your head on right, so why not :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the positivity and encouragement! Stoked to blaze tomorrow, think it’s much needed