Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I go back to mix Prozac and Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gerdronex, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there,

I started smoking weed daily like 2.5 months ago, when I first started smoking weed I was taking Prozac and I was getting benefits from both; my highs were amazing. Then, a month after I stopped taking Prozac just in case, since I'm reading a lot of stuff about it. Some people say it decreases marihuana's tolerance and anxiety/paranoia produced by it but others say it's the opposite.

Now I've been 1.5 months smoking only weed and I'm starting to feel bad because when I'm not high I can feel my anxiety coming back and I can't do anything if I don't smoke since I'm irritated and sad all the time, which forces me to smoke more and more ( also because of tolerance ) and I can't afford it.

I took 20mg of Prozac today again and didn't smoke weed on the morning. Now I'm feeling ok and I think taking it again is the best idea because that first month I was on both was amazing. What do you think? Does someone else mix prozac and weed?

2. Don't just keep taking and it and then not taking it, thats bad for you with Prozac. You need to decide, keep taking it or dont take it at all.. I mix weed and prozac and I am fine, i see a better output in life and the weed isn't drowning the benefits of prozac or vice versa.

Without the prozac, I thought I would be good but unless you are in a strong state mind that you can control, it is best to stay on the meds. IF you think you can handle your anxiety without them, than by all means get the heck off of them.

You're not always going to be able to smoke and get rid of your symptoms, there is going to be times where that Prozac is really going to help, but it affects everyone differently.

3. Yeah you are totally right, the main problem is that I can't handle my anxiety anymore. I stopped taking it because I thought weed was doing all the job but now I realise it didn't. Conclusion, I'll take Prozac again and decrease the amount of MJ I smoke.

4. It pisses me off when people act like anxiety aint a thang and if youre not a bitch you will forget about it and keep on going. Just do what helps you the most, if decreasing your thc intake helps, than do that. If you stay on the Prozac and it helps a little bit but not enough, up the doseage or find a different ( but same thing ) prescription to help. I've learned to accept the less anxious side of myself and it makes things so much easier, but I got their through Prozac. Eventually I hope to ween off my prescription and be totally fine, you could easily do the same thing. People are going to bitch and moan about the use of Prozac and other meds alike telling you to man up but the fact of the matter is that they can be of some serious help.

One day you may not need them at all, good luck.

5. Sorry folks, discussion of other drugs, even prescription, isn't allowed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.