Should I give up?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Riplak, Jun 10, 2012.

1. I come to GC in serious need of advice. This girl I'm head over heels for is with someone, but we used to talk a lot, and she knew I had feelings for her. Pretty sure she was into me as well, but definitely not the kind to be unfaithful in any way. About two months ago was prom (which she came to with her friends), and that was the night I was going to make a real move on her. I asked her to dance, but she was pretty hesitant. Her friends jumped on me, one of them pretty much interviewing me for her. Before I left for a party, I asked her to dance with me and she agreed, at least until the end of the song... which ended 15 seconds later. I had to go, and she hadn't spoken to me, or even looked at me for the rest of the year.

Today at midnight she texted wishing me a happy birthday. I figured she was done talking to me but there it is. The problem I have here is I don't know what this means. Wouldn't think anything of it if she hadn't completely broken contact with me after that night.

She's a 10/10 for me, everything about her is perfect. Humor, personality, values... and I don't know if I should try talking to her again, or keep my distance and try to get over her? Can't do the "just friends" thing anymore with her.

2. well....either lose her or get her lol. But don't be a idiot about it. Tell her how you feel without scaring her away. If shes worth your time she will listen...

3. She already knew how I feel dude, and clearly hasn't gone anywhere.

4. I'd try again, just so you don't regret it in the future. What's the worst that can happen? If you get knocked back again, at least then you can move on properly, without doubts. :)

5. I don't know this chick or the situation.

What could have happened was when you made an advance at the prom, it made things awkward and she realized you liked her more then a friend and she didn't want to lead you on.

Maybe now she thinks enough time has passed to be friends again.

best of luck

6. The problem is you made a move on her while a group of her friends were around her. You put way too much pressure on her like that, and her friends jumped on you like a pack of great whites.

7. If you're really not wanting to stay just friends, then I guess you should just not stay in contact with her because of the boyfriend. But if you want to possibly be able to be with her in the future and at the same time not fuck up her and her boyfriends relationship, I'd say try to keep in contact with her and keep somewhat of a friendship for a while, and if and when her boyfriend and her break up, you're there and possibly can jump in then. That's my two cents at least.

8. you just got out of highschool. your not even grown up yet. dont think any chick you met in high school is the "one".

over 7 billion people on this planet. dont get crazy over 1 chick.

ever watch teen mom? thats what happens when high schoolers think they are in love

9. Please what dtm said. Id cut contact

10. It's too late, you had your chance man.. you got friendzoned hard.

11. Don't give up. Just ask her out, ask her if she just wants to catch up.
    If she denies, she's not interested in you. Move on.
    If she accepts, see how it goes from there. The result of the meeting would answer your question.

12. What you need is a definite answer. Just confront her, explain how you feel (don't guilt trip or put too much pressure on her) and then get a solid yes or no answer (don't take a maybe or a 'I do like you, but..."). If yes, go for it. If no, you're just going to have to move on.

13. What you should do is stop giving a fuck about this chick. Act like you are interested in making contact but dont try to signalher you like her.

14. Id give it some time. Let it sink into her brain and
    Give her time to think about.

Wait a few weeks and ask her if she wants to go to the park or something.