Should I give my 2 week old plants Organic 3-2-1 Liquid Fertilizer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by icapture, Jun 27, 2009.

1. So my two new baby plants are coming close to their 2 week birthday and I want to give them some nutrients. The first plant I grew (the large plant pictured) had a rough start - a couple times i had to put her in a dark area for a while. She has not had any nutrients and for a month old I think she is a little on the small side. I don't want to make the same mistake with these new seedlings that i made with my first plant - I think they are growing so well because the conditions have been much more stable.

This is the stuff I bought:

[​IMG]

just in case you cant read it it says "Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer 2-3-1"

Is 2-3-1 the kind of nutrient I want to give a 2 week old plant? I would start with about .25% of the recommended dosage, then up it from there.

Here are some pics of the plants yesterday:

Seedlings 1 and 2:
    ----------------------
    [​IMG]

The larger of the two seedlings:
    --------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

The smaller of the two seedlings:
    ---------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

The big girl:
    ---------------
    [​IMG]

2. From what I've read a good time to start is when they have 4-5 sets of leaves. And for veg growth generally a higher Nitrogen value is wanted. i.e. FF big bloom is 6-4-4.

3. Also, what kind of bulbs are those??

4. What NPK is that stuff??

5. #5 TeeJ, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
    I fertilized my plants with a very weak plant fertilizer at 3 weeks with something very similar to that stuff, and they are doing great (It wasn't very much though). I still am not giving them full strength fertilizers until they get a bit bigger. Just start them off slow and don't fertilize it with every watering. Btw are there any nutrients in your soil already from the soil company?

6. I gave them some today, but barely any, I diluted a 75% of recommended amount dosage with about 25% with fresh water. Then I adjusted the pH to about 6-6.75 (i use the strips so who knows.)

Anyway, I am gonna check on em in the morning, so we will see how they look. I gave plant A just a straight 75% of recommended amount watering with the nutrients.

Hope all goes well. Thanks for the info guys. I'll post up some pics. If they look damaged perhaps my mistake will help someone in the future.

7. locked...

8. hi there i would like also what lights you have there matey coz them little 1s look realy healthy.?