Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I give dealer second chance?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Custos Clavium, Aug 10, 2012.

1. #1 Custos Clavium, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    I'm not sure if I should be posting this in the Q&A, so I apologize if it needs to go elsewhere.

And for the record: This is not me asking for a hook up! Just advice on how to deal with a new hook up I already made, on my own, independent of GC!! Please don't ban me :( I'm fragile...

Anywho: I had/have been dry for like a YEAR. I finally got a hookup via the internet (not GC), and had been texting this kid for like a week and a half, waiting on payday to roll around so I could finally celebrate the cessation of my lack of ganja. He was gonna hook me up with 4 gs of what he said was "Chronic Hydro". His price was WAY steep, but seeing as this was my first chance in a year, I'm not going to be picky until I have room to negotiate...

I told him what time I would be by, warning him that I live almost 2 hours from him. He said to text him when I was at least 30 minutes from him. Gave me his adress, and this morning I set out on my journey.

I texted him like I said I would, and proceeded to his place. I got a little lost and ended up arriving at his house about 20 minutes after I told him I would show up. I waited in his driveway and no one came out. I could see two people inside, looked like his mom and brother, looking out like "Who the hell is that?" so I didn't want to knock on the door and be all awkward and try to make up a plausible reason for me being there that didn't involve weed.

After like 5 minutes I just left. I parked in an empty lot close by and waited like 20 minutes, just continuously texting this dude. I figured maybe he got scared and thought I was a cop or something irrational like that. Whatever. No reply. I left. Spent some time in a neighboring city checking out the sights, and then just went home.

I checked my phone when I got home, and 2 hours after I last texted him in his town, he texted me back like:

"I'm sorry! I was asleep! You still here?"
    "Come by any time I'll be here."
    "Really, any time, just come by."

I told him the situation, what happened, and added it took 2 hours and $30 in gas to get there and back, and he said he'd throw in a free G.

I guess I'm trying to decide if I should give him a second chance and try again this weekend, or if I should stay and not waste another 2 hours + $30. I mean, on one hand, it's a huge hassle and I'd rather not...on the other hand, it's my first real opportunity of getting ANYTHING in almost a year....God I miss college...

What do you guys think?

2. I would say fuck that guy

3. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']I would say fuck that guy[/quote]

This /thread

4. Where do you live that you can't find a dealer within a 20 min drive?lol

5. I know how it is dude, give it another go. The bud is always worth it.

6. Just get a new guy. Fuck all that shit. Or grow if you can't find it closer to you (which I doubt)

7. I'm in a special predicament.

I live, literally, in the middle of nowhere. Town of 850. Nearest "big" town is 20 minutes away: population 5,000. Bigger town of maybe 15,000 45 minutes away.

I don't know anyone who smokes. I'd tell you what I am doing with my life that would make it clear why this is, but that one detail is extremely specific and I ain't putting that on the 'net!

Trust me, if I could find someone closer, I'd do so. This kid lives 30 minutes east of Louisville, with Louisville apparently being like the Weed Capital of the region. I was still extremely lucky to get this connection even if it is a shitty one.

I might give it one more go Monday, but you bet your ass I'm texting him before I leave the apartment to make sure his high ass is awake!

All you youngin's in high school where everyone smokes, or in college, or in bigger towns with stoners...you don't know how good you have it!

8. Well he offered a free G so why not.

9. I would be hesitant to buy from anyone who still lives with their parents

10. He's not really "the" dealer. He's literally this kid who messaged me asking me for a connect online. I told him I didn't have any and he was like "I have the money!" until I convinced him I was 100% not in possession. Then like 3 days later he replied saying "Hey, I found someone who has it and I can hook you up."

I dunno. He might be like a newb that a dealer is trying to get to reach to the kid's demographic or something more easily. I don't know how those dynamics work.

I guess it is similar to my college dealer. He was just someone that his dealer would give a lot of bud to too sell to other students for him.

11. lol ^ after reading that, i wouldn't trust the kid. he seems too immature to me. but considering that u are actively looking for hookups, u should give him another chance and check out what's available. u should however try to find someone local and find better, more reliable connects later.

12. Driving 2 hours for a little bag of weed isn't worth it unless you have a 40mph hatchback.

13. Why didn't you just knock on the door and ask for him by name? Just say you met him at the movies or some shit. How old is the guy? If he's a legal adult still living with his mom than there's no need for y'all to be concerned about his parents suspicions. But, assuming he's underaged, all he has to do is tell his parents he's gonna go for a walk or some shot. Jesus Christ, it's not that hard to pull off. Sorry but for a 4 hour trip and after years of dryness you'd just think you two would plan a little better, like staying the FUCK AWAKE!!!

14. I used to have 40mph hatch until the little fucker stopped working. My current car gets about 28mph. Meh.

But I'll give him another shot. This is truly my only connect in over a year. It's either inconvenience myself for good pot and possibly "get in" with folks who can help me find connections nearer to me, or give up and wait for the magical weed fairy to sign my name on the mailing list.

I'm luckily living in a situation where my living expenses are currently free, so really all my income pays for gas and phone bill...I can afford the drive, it just SUCKS.

Well, on my end, I did plan well. You're all right, he is an immature little kid, but right now an immature little kid is my only shot. I don't have the luxury of knowing other people who smoke that can help me out. I live in a non-med state too, so I also don't have the convenience of walking to my local dispensary.

Shit, I got nothing else to do this weekend anyways. Meh. Good thing I actually enjoy driving.

15. Tell that lazy bitch to meet you half way and meet where YOU wanna meet

16. Yeah it's risky, but i would give it one more shot

17. Man, for a 2 hour drive I'd sure as hell buy more than 4 grams! Seems like an honest mistake on his part, it happens and even I've done it. It's cool that he's willing to try and make it a little more right. How much are you paying a g?

18. TOO much...

$40 a G. I know this is outrageous. Prices near Louisville (where this kid is near) are high enough as it is.

My theory is the guy he is getting it from is charging him a lot because he's a naive kid who lives in a nice suburban neighborhood and gets a lot of money from mommy and daddy, and until he becomes a "regular" will have to pay out the ass for this crap.

That and I'm sure the kid is smart enough to think "Gee, I could make a little extra cash off this person" and is maybe bumping it up a few dollars for me.

Under normal circumstances I'd never agree to pay this much for herb from the streets, but...yeah. I'm basically desperate and willing to take what I can get for now. I haven't smoked in so long 1g could last me a while, and I'm getting 5 for $120... allegedly.

19. [quote name='"Custos Clavium"']TOO much...

$40 a G. I know this is outrageous. Prices near Louisville (where this kid is near) are high enough as it is.

My theory is the guy he is getting it from is charging him a lot because he's a naive kid who lives in a nice suburban neighborhood and gets a lot of money from mommy and daddy, and until he becomes a "regular" will have to pay out the ass for this crap.

That and I'm sure the kid is smart enough to think "Gee, I could make a little extra cash off this person" and is maybe bumping it up a few dollars for me.

Under normal circumstances I'd never agree to pay this much for herb from the streets, but...yeah. I'm basically desperate and willing to take what I can get for now. I haven't smoked in so long 1g could last me a while, and I'm getting 5 for $120... allegedly.[/quote]

damn bro.. I wish I could help you out man. I would help you out in a heartbeat if I could. but in all honesty you should just grow your own.

20. I'd love to grow my own. And I have in the past. Right now my living situation would make that extremely difficult.

Shit...I guess I'll start searching craigslist lmao...