Should I get bigger pots?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Sir Vapesalot, Jul 26, 2016.

1. What up!

I'm going to start my second grow soon and I was wondering whether or not my pot size is holding back my yields.

I'm using the Autopot system. It's a bottom feed system that fills up the tray from the res after the plants have sucked the tray dry. So the plants are pretty much getting constantly fed. The pots I currently have are 8,5 l or about 2,2 gal. The bigger version is 15 l or about 4 gal. They're just a bit pricey so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

My setup is a 3x3 tent with a 600w HPS. I was happy with the yield from my first grow, but I was wondering if I could do better with bigger pots.

Thanks!

2. Apologies for the missing info. I used 2 pots the first time around. The system came with a tray that holds 2 pots. They were able to fill my scrog quite nicely.
    If I were to up in size, I would most likely get two pots with separate trays since I could move them independently.

3. Should be fine provided you're not trying to grow them to the roof. Coco and any automatic irrigation is very efficient, as long as the plants you pulled last time weren't rootbound then all is well. Using smaller pots in a system like that actually allows for more wet/dry cycles which is always nice

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. As an inexperienced grower I'm not sure if I'd recognize symptoms of a rootbound plant. The other plant didn't yield as much while the other seemed to thrive, not sure why.

5. Id def go bigger

• Like Like x 1