Should I get an iPad 2 or Nintendo 3DS?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Nathan, Mar 15, 2011.

1. I'm saving up a little bit of money and I have 2 options. Get an iPad 2 or a 3ds. I do not have the 1st iPad and I never have. I love my iPod touch but I usually never use it at home because of the screen size. I've also been a nintendo fan for a while but lately I haven't been too much of a gamer anymore. Hell, I'm still only level 16 on black ops and I got it on christmas. The 3ds looks pretty cool but most of the good games wont be out for another few months after it's released. Which should I get?

2. I'd go for the Nintendo, but that's because I think the iPad is really overpriced.
    Also

Pokemon

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Mario Kart

!!!!11!1!1

3. iPad = flashy, overpriced netbook.

3DS ftw, and I'm not even a big handheld gamer.

4. No offence, but this has got to be one of the dumbest questions I've even seen on GC.

3DS for sure. It's an actual gaming system. No matter how much the media tries to shove it down our throats, iPad is NOT a good platform for gaming, and it never will be because of the lack of tactile controls and all the silly little "apps", the 5 minute casual games you can play on a browser for free through flash. 3DS will have REAL videogames.

Plus, your iPod Touch is the same thing as an iPad. It's all marketing.

What's the gaming world coming to?:(

5. He's not trying to use it as a gaming platform...

6. Yes he is, where did you get the idea that he isn't? If he wasn't, then why the hell would he have asked which he should get for games? And why would he consider a 3DS for anything other than gaming?

7. #7 HCL, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Maybe the part when he said

Now, where did YOU get the idea that he was looking to use the iPad as a gaming platform? Because he posted it in the gaming section?

8. THAT'S why I have that idea, and also yes, because it's in the gaming section. If he wasn't planning on using it as a gaming system, Nathan would have posted it in Silicon (v)Alley instead of here. He isn't a moron.

He is looking for something to game on now and then, and the obvious choice would be a 3DS. An iPad would be a bad decision, especially since he already has an iTouch, which is the exact same thing but with a smaller screen. Why would anybody in their right minds pay another $600 for the same device with a larger screen? If he wanted, he could just get neither and buy those $5 novelty games that the App store has for his iTouch

I'm sorry if this is too much for you to comprehend, but consider yourself owned. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off. I'd rather not start a fight with somebody who has absolutely no idea what the hell they are talking about, especially in the gaming section.

9. the ipad 3 will be out soon dont bother :laughing:

10. I don't want to put words in OP's mouth, but he never mentioned one time that he was planning on using the iPad for gaming. The whole 3DS quote about not having any games out doesn't mean he is looking at the iPad for gaming. He just wants an opinion of whether or not he should buy a gaming system which might not have good games out for awhile, or if he should get a netbook that he can use now.

He already has an iTouch but doesn't use it at his house because he has a COMPUTER. If he's using the iTouch in that context, what makes you think he means different with the iPad? SMH...

11. Dude one is gaming one is not..

He had the option to put it in either section...

iPad is clearly not for gaming and Nathan knows that.

Nathan, I'd go iPad 2, my mom has an iPad and it's pretty cool. It's amazing for browsing GC and if you have Netflix, there's an app and you can stream in HD whenever. Idc if people hate on them they're fuxking awesome.

12. I don't hate the iPad, I think it would be a cool thing to have, it's just so overpriced...I would probably get one if it were cheaper or if I was rich.

13. #13 Nathan, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
    When did I say I wanted the iPad for gaming? Yeah, I'll download a few games on it but I wouldn't get it for just that. I put this thread in gamers heartbeat because of the 3ds and more people go on this forum than silicon Vally.

14. Another reason the iPad would be cool is I mostly only use my iPod touch for music, but on the iPad I could leave it at home and use it for apps because the big screen.

15. I can almost guarantee that in 10 months apple will slap a USB port on the iPad and release it as the iPad 3, and charge an extra $200 for it. 3DS for sure.

16. Way to sound like a complete asshole while being 100% wrong. Go face the corner and think about what you did :devious:

17. how about don't be a trendy douche and buy a pc or laptop better for gaming and computing

18. Who's to say that's not being a trendy douche? There are Mac desktops and laptops, you know. :rolleyes:

19. #19 Apex Word, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    mac is for fags

Ease up on the disrespect. -Durchii

20. #20 HCL, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    So you own one? :devious:

No need to retaliate. -Durchii