Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should i get a scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dogma264, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Ive always wanted to weigh my bud but idk a scale seemed like a waste, but now ive been buying more and more bud (Not more nd more but like a eigth every 2 weeks)

And i found a digital scale online for $6, from china idk if i should trust it

But i dont know if imma be smoking all my life or just for now, so is a scale worth it?

2. I had a digital scale for $6 from China and it worked great.

3. A scale is one of those things where it's nice to have, but you don't really need one unless your selling. I got my scale for free and use it to see how much I got when I pick up. If you have an extra 20 laying around, go ahead and buy one. It's nice to have but I only use it once a month at most. :smoke:

4. As long as you buy weed you must buy a scale.

End thread.

5. Should you also breathe? Or smoke weed? in all honesty though, fuck yea, mine was $9.99 at a headshop, spot on accurate.

6. Yeah they are pretty cheap and probably worth it because they provide you with peace of mind. It's nice to know you aren't being ripped off.

7. yeah man just get it.

8. hmm thanks for the advice
    I think imma get a china made for $6
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

9. Those cheap digital scales work just fine. The only situation where you do not need a scale is if you buy from a trusted dealer who weighs out in front of you. And even then, just buy a cheap scale if you deal with weed.

10. i just probably got the same scale u are talking about for 6$, it came in a nice discreet package that said "Computer Components" and it works great. but i do have to admit i dont use it as often as i thought i would, only when someone tells me what they weighed the bag out too and i usually see if they are lieing or not (really tells alot about a dealer), but usally i can "eye ball" it and see if its worth the money im paying

11. Look around to see if you can find one with .01 readings. Don't carry it around with bud, leave it at home away from your stash. Weigh your shit out when you get back from picking it up and if it's pretty short (More then .2g) then talk to your dealers and just say something like "Hey man, they last sack was a little light"
    If he does it again, drop them :smoke:

12. QFT, also artic has a good signature. I would quote that, but I don't think I can.

13. i just looked at the link u posted and it is indeed the same exact scale i have

14. Gotta get a scale. I went the more expensive route and got a nice one from the LHS for $25, but the cheaper ones will do you fine.

Not only can you use it to weigh your pickups, but I also love being able to weigh how much I have on hand, how much I smoke, etc., and it even has other household uses besides weed I wouldn't of normally thought of using one for.

15. You know what they say, great minds think alike ;)
    Hmm is it a good one? worth the $6?

16. it really doesn't matter if it is from China. half the stuff in the states is made here. just depends on the company since some have better quality control and what not:p

17. yeah but the brand is Digital Scale-500
    Idk but i dont think ive heard of that brand before

18. it is actually a good scale. my friend had bought one of them too and sold it to his other friend for 20$, who thought it was a rather pricey scale. he ripped him off, but you gotta make money somehow

19. well thanks for the info much appreciated
    (+rep for those who helped)

Ill put up a product review or something when i get it