Should i get a grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Buck Strickland, May 4, 2011.

1. Is it worth it, and if yes why?

2. yes its worth it but in the meantime use a shotglass and scissors.....next best thing that can be found in most houses

3. Well if you smoke a lot of weed it can start to become tedious to break up all that sticky goodness. Also, a lot of trichomes get stuck to your fingers and the bud gets all contaminated when you break it up by hand.

4. Been toking for 13 years and I have never found it to be worth while. I personally like plucking my sensi apart instead of letting it get shredded and stuck to the blades of the grinder. I do own one though, I sometimes use it when shredding up schwag before rolling a doobie.

With that being said, I just popped mine open today to top my bowl with some keif and I was surprise to find I had stored a bit of broken-up bud in the keif catcher. HEHEHEHE, who knows how long it has been in there, I just don't dig grinders, it is just a place for your bud to loose it trichomes. Just my opinion.

5. You probably lose more trichomes on your fingers. Some are lost on the blades. I hate when people tell me I lose trichomes because I collect kief. Really I'm not losing any because it's still conserving them. I'll just use them for later, and really the little bit I lose grinding up my bud isn't usually going to make a difference on that single bowl. Sometimes with really dry bud you collect more kief, but if you were to break that up on a table or something you'd just lose them on your fingers and the table.

6. using your hands is some caveman shit :D A grinder is way better to save more kief. you lose some on your fingers and paper or table , whatever you use to break it on

7. get one its definatly worth it i cant stand breaking up bud without one now

i got mine for 15 bucks at my local store but if you have more cash id definatly recommend getting a better one but mine works just fine

8. It depends what you smoke. If you're smoking mids, then get a grinder, breaking that up with your hand sucks. If you're rolling then get a grinder.

If you're getting chronic and you smoke with nice glass, I personally wouldn't. I usually just pick a small nug and break it into two or four pieces over my bowl and pack it in.

It's nice to have one though, I just got a cheap one from ebay, works and does it's job.

9. its worth it if you smoke alot i love my mendo mulcher IMO getting my fingers all stickied up from hand breaking up weed gets old quick

10. #10 Buck Strickland, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have thought about this... I love my kief

11. A grinder is always good to have handy, even the kid who said he been smoking for years still has one but likes to use his hands. Just get a cheap one and try it, if you like it get a better one and if not use your fingers and use it when you please. Simple as that.