Should I flush?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TokingNinja, May 19, 2008.

1. My plants are showing purple stems and yellowing bottom leaves. I tried giving one more nitrogen and now the yellowing leaves are turning brown and curling up although some parts of the leaf are turning slightly green. I checked the ph of the soil and its around 6.8. Normally when I feed them I give them 600ppm of GH Micro and GH Bloom every other feeding.
    Is it just a salt buildup or can this be caused by overwatering? Should I flush or just space out watering a bit more. I currently water every 5 days but before had been watering a little more often. Sorry but I don't own a camera.

2. anyone have any suggestions?:confused_2:

3. it shouldn't be salt building up if you're only giving 600 ppm every 2 weeks.
    When's the last time you transplanted?
    The yellow leaves wont repair themselves and will just die anyway. How's the new growth looking after you added the nitrogen?
    Also are you in veg or flower?

4. I transplanted them about 3 weeks ago and the new growth appears to be a healthy green. I am two weeks into flowering.
    Also I feed them fertz every other watering. I used to water every 3 days before they were transplanted.

5. how's the yellowing doing.. is it spreading pretty fast, or is it slowing down since the nitrogen was added?

6. looks like its slowing down, still might be spreading slightly. Just gave it another really small dose at roughly 400ppm and then plain water to dilute it even further.